I take my meds because I got violent the last time I was unmedicated

At the hearing for mother to get an order of protection, the judge found I did commit domestic violence and granted mother an order of protection. I was mainly verbally abusive, but did some property damage and threatened to burn the house down.
I wasn’t criminally procecuted for it, but I did an involuntary stay at the psychiatric hospital. That’s why I don’t stop taking my meds.

8 Likes

I take my medication because it kills my sex drive and I don’t want to have a sex drive if I’m single.

2 Likes

Same here, I did worse, I am lucky that my parents made a deal with me. Take meds and we won’t report you.

2 Likes

I live with my dad and he told me I need to take an ap in order to live with him so I do.

2 Likes

I took my meds because the psychosis itself was embarrassing and traumatic enough , not only for me but I could literally see the scared and confused faces even though i was the one scared

1 Like

I take my meds because I used to be on an injection and then I tried taking A lot of shrooms and added alcohol and caffeine and had a bad reaction. I’m not against shrooms for adult normies but this really ■■■■■■ me up bad so I’m gonna always need meds now. they were the only things allowing me to hang on by a thread for a while until I found better med combos I’m not as fd up as I used to be but I still need my meds.

1 Like

I do dangerous things to “protect” myself when I’m unmedicated.
I become extremely paranoid and delusional.

2 Likes

This is probably why Social Security doesn’t review me to see if I’m still disabled. I only fill out a two page questionnaire. I haven’t done one in four years or so.

1 Like

I take my meds for my husband’s sake because if I’m unmedicated he gets scared of me and wants to send me to hospital. Plus I get such severe depression/negatives that I go almost catatonic and can’t function

1 Like

I take my meds so I can feel better and function better and get along with my family.

2 Likes

I take my meds because even though I whole heartedly believe I am possessed and this is a matter for the Gods, the meds take my demons and leave me with the good voices.

1 Like

I also get like that without my meds, it sucks.

2 Likes

When I’m not medicated, I tend to think lowly of myself and think about killing myself. I don’t ever want to hurt other people. That’s why I go to the hospital because I’m always thinking about killing myself.

1 Like

Maybe those that come on this website saying they are quitting/anti meds should read this thread.

3 Likes

I have really strange behaviors and religious beliefs without meds

2 Likes

I take my meds because I want to live my best life and they’re the foundation it’s built on.

4 Likes

Reason is obvious, withdrawal effects. Its not limited to medication alone but other things like alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, sex and many others. Body get used to it and when suddenly body not get this it goes to panic mode and all sorts of anxieties and other issues come up.

1 Like

I take my meds because I have angry persecutory delusions and hallucinations before they turn and tune down into religious or otherworldly delusions.
I am normally a very loving, caring and gentle human. I turn into a raging beast when I’m psychotic.

It normally settles somewhere between the surface of my skin though not to show itself except in irritation to everything everyone does. When confronted I cry out of frustration/ or have disorganized thinking or I go catatonic.

1 Like

i take my meds because is good for me.no option here.i get heart attack if i dont take medication.

1 Like

When I was unmedicated I couldn’t really control myself.
My emotions controlled into a fight with a stranger in the bus. I told him politely 3 times to keep his mouth shut, but he didn’t, so I punched him.

1 Like