Which song brings your first time full blown psychosis era back to you?

man this makes me emotional as it floods back the energy of that time and i remember being a huge fan of her

1 Like

It’s not a song.
Usually it’s a smell.
It brings back all psychosis memories

2 Likes

I had a full blown audio centered psychosis

I was obsessed with hidden messages that I was deciphering again and again (of course, they were different each time), as if each instrument was articulated speach. I would listen to this tune alone 24/7.

3 Likes

I had delusions someone had betrayed me and was fooling everyone with pretending to be our friends while really using us as simple companions to control. This song fits that pretty well.

2 Likes

By the time I listened to this I had really lost it. I was gone. The paranoia and psychosis of that time is pretty much embodied in this song. That intro takes me back to sitting on my bathroom floor being convinced I was going to die. Unhinged would be the word I would use to describe the whole thibg.

2 Likes

These two songs were playing in my car when I had a psychotic episode. I hallucinated the radio presenter laughing at me. Then I drove out of town about 40km to escape, then gave up and turned around and came back.

It is 14 years ago now so I can’t remember much else. Listening to these doesn’t bring up the old emotions anymore, but does make me think of that time.

1 Like

I heard SUNNY AFTERNOON by The Kinks and smelled smoke and thought the song was so good it was evil.

3 Likes

That was another episode

Sunny afternoon by the kinks

However my first episode I listened to this a lot

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

When I thought i was a saint…

1 Like

Mr. Rager by Kid Cudi hands down.

1 Like

I was tripping balls on this song

1 Like

My sz was chronical. I basically lived in it alternative reality since way too long… I was a real wreck for decades, lets see if i can change this now… I knew so much sadness and despair, that at a point, it was unhuman… but anyway.
My best friend turned to be a sz as well… She suffered a lot too, but her meds help her quite a lot. Her problem is that she hates them even today… But this song was with us, since we know each other and since we share this tragedy lol… its a sad song, i cant listen to it a lot right now in fact… I wish i’d stop obsessing over my illness now…

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - YouTube

2 Likes

This song makes me think of my dad. RIP

4 Likes

But it was only fantasy
The wall was too high
As you can see
No matter how he tried
He could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain

Pink Floyd: Hey you.
And the whole The Wall album. I have trouble listening to it now as it brings memories I don’t care to recall.

2 Likes
1 Like

This one for me too actually. It was about a year after my psychosis and I used to listen to it on repeat for hours and hours.
I was once in a store listening to it and they had it playing in the store as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

for me it was kryptonite 3 doors down I believed i was superman and had to use my powers to save everyone

1 Like
1 Like