Schizophrenia.com

Which of the side effects you wish you didn't have it

Among the side effects caused by my med, i wish it hasn’t effected my sex drive. But seems all of the antipsychotic medication have side effect on sex drive, its just a matter of how much from person to person.

0 Likes

same here I hate the sexual side effects thats all I hate it completely obliterated my sex drive and gave me sexual dysfunction

I would send you a pm if I could but I dont think you can there is no way to do so… but I was wondering what meds have you tried and are there any ones better then others for sexual problems/

0 Likes

I only have akathisia. Xanax keeps it managable so im pretty well off.

0 Likes

I have only tried, and i am on risperdal.

0 Likes

I have been on many antipsychotics in my life - I am currently on Risperdal, and I can honestly say it is the worst for sexual side effects. It messes with Prolactin and I’m sure other hormones. It does a number on one’s manhood. I take a low dose, so I can bypass some of Risperdal’s wicked side effects.

0 Likes

thats easy man if it had to be the illness id pick the depression, if it had to be the meds id say easily the ■■■■■■■ sedation, the constant yawning and feeling sedated/ tired all day…its a bitch to get up in the morning…and im tired all day…

0 Likes

Wave
you said your on a low doze, how much is the low doze considered for risperdal, i take 2mg risperdal and i am not sure if i should call it low doze maybe if i was taking 1mg than it will be low doze, if i had started on 1mg probably i would be fine, but since i started on 2, now my brain is used to whenever i tried to go down i go into depression and unable to sleep even with 10mg of ambien.

0 Likes

being tired and unmotivated.

0 Likes

I bite my tongue involuntarily when I’m on certain meds, mainly Consta, Risperdal, and Invega. I wish I didn’t do it so that I could go back on depot injections.

0 Likes

weight gain because i already have obesity due to this ■■■■ antipsychotics but they do lessen the loudness of the voices though

0 Likes

@Mindwhisperer Yeah I was on 4 mg of Risperdal at one point, so I consider 2 mg low, this is the dose I am on now. I don’t think I would do well on a 1 mg dose. At 4 mg my sex drive shut down completely. I’m doing ok at 2mg - not great but good, when it comes to certain side effects. Haven’t really tried 3 mg.

0 Likes