When you go for an interview what are you thinking and feeling?

Me: I am going to get this job but at the same time I am a nervous wreck. I go in thinking the job is mine regardless. I don’t know if that is good or bad, but at the end when I don’t get it i get disapointed. but sometimes when things aren’t to be, in my experience, better things come along.

2 Likes

I try yo stay detached and not cling to an expected outcome. I tell myself that whatever happens is for the better.

2 Likes

If it’s a physical interview, I have all kinds of thoughts. Are my clothes suitable, do I maintain a healthy amount of eye-contact, is my body language appropriate, etc.

If it’s a phone interview I’m more relaxed. Still nervous, but pretty sure I’ll nail it.

When I interviewed for this job, all the interviews happened over the phone.

1 Like

Thats a healthy approach … i think the excitement gets the better of me

Yes I’ve had interviews over the phone can sit upfront of computer with notes … makes me less anxious too

I think in person would be the best, because your really yourself, and selling that is the whole purpose of the interview. Its just easy to get mixed up a portrayal of who you are versus why your the best candidate for the job. This is where most people tend to go wrong. At least for me it was many instances. But if your prepared and driven enough, the boardroom is your canvas. Good luck, you got this @anon80629714

1 Like

Even though in my head I know I can do an amazing job … getting that through in something like an interview absolutely terrifies me … and it shows… still learning the art of being interviewed

And thats another place people tend to go wrong. they end to try to make decisions for the other person (by leading them to those conclusions) versus letting them make their own decision.

1 Like

Hr is like fishing. All you got to do is bait the hook, wiggle the worm and ultimatly ignore them until their ready to bite. And if they dont like your bait, find a new hole to fish in. Youll catch a big fish eventually Alot faster than fishing in the same old reeds. lol

if I could tell a potential employer if I could shadow or voluntarily work for a few weeks just so they could see if I fit the company I would but have been told that can have negative effects

I always screw up my job interview but still somehow land the job

Uh, I do good at interviews for some strange reason. I make sure I go in with a good attitude, I am polite (which comes naturally), I keep composed, respectful, friendly, try to make a little eye contact. I don’t go in thinking I have the job but depending on the way the interviewer acts sometimes I can tell; sometimes they just start saying little things that I can see means I have it.

1 Like

Uh, are we still talking about interviews?

1 Like

Always hit or miss for me – I want to work and buy a car but until the covid thing blows over there isn’t much I can do …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.