When does a dream become a grandiose delusion?

At what point does a dream become a delusion? Are all the normies who believe they will win the lottery delusional?

2 Likes

It becomes a delusion, in my opinion, when someone acts as if an unusually grandiose goal, like becoming a rock star or winning a billion dollars, is an obtainable goal.

Like… Say you think you can become a world-famous musician, so you spend all your money on music equipment.

That’s delusional.
A less delusional goal would be to get a record deal, because it’s more likely to happen and easier to obtain.

1 Like

I am not sure. I am sure that I am omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent.

1 Like

That must be heady man. I’d like to experience that once in my life. The closest time I’ve ever come to that is writing revelations and trying to start my own religion haha

1 Like

When I was younger I had ecstasies-bhava samadhi and nirvikalpa samadhi upon reading spiritual things. It was memory from a previous life. I made it perfect in this life

one delusion brings another delusions. I think there is not only one delusion for sz patients. If he thinks he could be a millionaire, he would think he can be also omnipotent…they are all connected…For normies…They have just big dreams. That is all. I think…

1 Like

I would say to dream or have vision. Involves putting in the work required to attain it. I would be weary to label goals and vision as delusions.

1 Like

@Tyme, Difference between grandiose delusions and a big dream:
When I was in nursing college, I believed that I was the reincarnation of Florence Nightingale. I sincerely believed that after reading her biography. I believed that for two years until I got my license. After that, the delusion went away.

When I was age 52, I had the big dream of being a recorded music composer. So, I wrote a bunch of songs, then contacted my piano teachers and a couple of really good studio musicians to perform and record my songs. Then once I had the tracks down, I had the CD’s made and I distributed my music on many CD and MP3 sales venues and streaming services like Amazon.com, CDBaby.com, iTunes.com, and Spotify.com I also had a web designer design a website for me to sell my music through my website too. I ended up recording, producing and distributing three contemporary classical music albums this way. Everything went perfect each time except I didn’t make any sales or royalties. So after three failed albums, I quit writing any more music.

The first example is an example of a grandiose delusion. The second example is an example of a big dream that went sour.

2 Likes

My dream of being an actuary might be a delusion. I dunno. I might need more time, better meds, and adderall to accomplish this. Unfortunately, doctors won’t prescribe it to me because I’m schizophrenic. I remember in a parallel universe thinking I passed some exams (could be a delusion because I don’t remember taking any exams or working as an actuary–I just remember my thoughts from a parallel universe). Actuaries are cool I guess. Probability is my favorite subject DESPITE getting a Pass in it. It was hard when I took it. Other jobs pay more and are less challenging like being a software engineer or something but I like mathematics and taking tests to progress in the field. My problem is I had memory loss after learning things and the medication slowed down my mind so much it took me 5-10 x longer than the average test taker to solve a problem.

I know I’m smart because I remember understanding the ABC conjecture (in a past life/parallel) universe to an extent. In a past life/parallel universe, I tried memorizing the NP vs P Proof and the Riemann Hypothesis, despite not understanding ANYTHING. I remember getting a masters in math and being a community college professor. I guess these are grandiose delusions. I remember being a computer simulator, which is basically someone who runs helps reality/matrix. I was just a peon when I did it. Really, a nobody. I think aliens/reptilians were in charge.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.