When do u get most anxious?

For me. When I come across someone I really admire and don’t want to be rejected by them.
I become a mess.

2 Likes

For me, it’s when I can’t find the motivation to get anything scratched off the to-do list. Meanwhile, the list grows, and when I do get up and running I race to get ahead. Then I crash. Repeat cycle.

2 Likes

when left alone with my thoughts during stressful times is when im most anxious. if i keep moving and doing im fine even if its a very stressful situation

2 Likes

In dead silence, when my voices start to act up, and in public around strangers, where I’m afraid of having intrusive thoughts and them reacting to them verbally via thought broadcasting.

I’m most comfortable when there’s music playing in my earphones and I can’t hear any muffled talking. Reading helps too.

2 Likes

When I’m sitting around thinking
Weekends

1 Like

I am a chronic worrier and catastrophizer. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night – that is the worst time for worry and anxiety because it’s so quiet and there’s nothing to distract me.

Apparently, I am not alone in this…

1 Like

When people talk about me from behind
Esp.when they talking badly about me

1 Like

I’m an alcoholic and I get anxious when I want to drink. Occasionally I feel empty and want to get high. Beer, cigarettes, or some speed would hit the spot. I talked to a Pdoc about it, and she said the next time to check my blood sugar to see if it’s low as I’m diabetic. It hasn’t happened yet since I talked to her, so I’m waiting.

2 Likes

Well I have GAD so quite a few things can do it. bills, bad news, when my breathing is real bad, too much coffee.

1 Like

I used to get really anxious around men. Probably because I was never around them. Lack of exposure to things makes you anxious around them. Now, I’m around men all the time at this senior facility so, I am no longer anxious around men.

1 Like

Yea I agree with u exposure helps

all the time <3<3<3<3<3

1 Like

When I’m in the car or when I’m sitting still

1 Like

When I hear bad news and worry about how I’ll die and what will happen to me after I die.

1 Like

When I go into town for my appointments is the worse. I get so paranoid and my intrusive thoughts make me think I can read peoples minds. I get worried about it as I cannot control my mind even though I know it’s not real i cannot get rid of the thoughts and I get led astray to a point where I don’t know what to do with all the arguing going on in my head. When people make eye contact that’s the worse thing they can do.

3 Likes

When I go outside and have to interact strangers (cashiers, receptionists, etc)
Thats why I do most of my business/errands remotely
I also wear headphones when I’m out

1 Like

It’s chronic for me.
I am constantly fearful and am always worrying.
It never ends.

1 Like

I get the most anxious when I’m going to have to leave the house. I hate it, wish I could just stay home and be in my safe little bubble all the time.

1 Like

@Joker, I used to think I could read people’s minds too. It was pure torture. And it went on continuously. For 33 years I was tortured by other people’s thoughts entering my brain. Bombarded really. Today, I have three AP’s taking care of all that.

1 Like

I’m the most anxious where im surrounded by
contagious diseases,
small kids,
Crowds
Making telephone calls and
thunderstorms and
having to drive far and on unknown roads

2 Likes