What will u do during nuclear war

My local school system was built in the 1950’s. There are 5 schools all connected by underground tunnels. My grandmother use to play in them when the schools were being built. The tunnels go on for miles. There are fallout shelters under the schools. Most people don’t know about them. One of the schools has been closed and it’s at the end of my street. I have a crowbar and supplies. I’m heading for the fallout shelter. I can be underground in 10 minutes. I’m not sure I’d really want to survive a nuclear war. During the cold war it was reported that my area would be ground zero for an attack. I only know where the fallout shelter is because the principle had me carry some stuff down there for her. I didn’t know what it was at the time until I talked to my grandmother about it.

4 Likes

I’ll emigrate to Madagascar…

2 Likes

Pray to god and eat loads of chocolate and cake and booze

3 Likes

Nuclear Siren Test

This got me thinking into constructing a fallout shelter under my basement when I build my house. I’d build it and stash supplies in there and survive the initial blast and then slowly come out over time and begin to explore and collect more supplies if I can with my family

2 Likes

Make sure it has wifi lol

3 Likes

If the internet still works in the area sure lol

4 Likes

Realistically, I might go as far north as I could as fast as I could because I am not that close to the actual targets (and there are 3 targets south of me spaced very close together). I might survive or at least minimize the damage enough for to find someone to give me a pity kill. I don’t know how strong the nukes are, (realistically I don’t think anyone does) or how far the initial blast would go or how far the radiation dust would go. I know the ones dropped in Japan devastated the entire cities they were dropped on and that the ones now are much more powerful. They have done many tests.

I live near San Francisco and a lot of people have been concerned about North Korea launching a nuclear bomb against us. If it did I would feel bad for the other people that live here, but I really would be fine with dying in the initial blast. It probably won’t happen though.

Nothing really. Just remain calm. I don’t have the money or connections to hide in a bunker, which is the smartest thing one could do–I think.

2 Likes

The DPRK has yet to demonstrate a re-entry warhead that can successfully land at a designated target. All the DPRK has shown so far is that they can launch missiles and conduct nuclear tests. North Korea is still quite a ways away from launching a credible nuclear tipped ICBM.

4 Likes

I don’t believe that. All they have to do is launch something–it doesn’t have to be accurate.

The warhead will burn up in the atmosphere before reaching its intended target.

Do a little dance, make a little love, and get down tonight.

4 Likes

Cancel my subscription to Readers Digest and get a refund.

5 Likes

Be thankful I don’t have to wash my car or do my laundry anymore.

1 Like

Toast marshmallows.

4 Likes

Eat sarcosine lol…jk.

1 Like

Cry, pull myself together, cry again.

1 Like

If and whenever the DPRK actually shows that a nuclear payload can reach the US, then there will be more concern by the Pentagon but presently the DOD position is North Korea’s ICBM Hwasong-15 poses no threat to the US mainland. Just say, DPRK does have the capability to detonate a bomb on US soil, I would believe there would be a pre-emptive strike by the US on North Korea but we are not at that stage yet.