What was your longest period of remission?

And does the periods of remission get shorter and shorter every time?
After my first psychosis, I went 10 years without psychosis…
Is there a chance it can happen again or is it likely I will have an episode sooner?

2 Likes

The last 6 years. Before that, I didn’t have remissions.

1 Like

12 years is my current remission

I feel bran new every day

Peace of mind is my key

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s really good @skinnyme and @san_pedro
I think if i don’t try go off the meds (stupid me) i hope to be able to at least go for another 5 years with remission…

1 Like

Why not another 10? Or 20?

1 Like

I thought that as time goes on remissions happen less frequently… but I hope I am wrong.

1 Like

I think each case of sz and sza can be quite unique to each person

That’s how recovery is different for each person

I wish you well on your recovery Ish

1 Like

I went 25 years without being hospitalized.

4 Likes

Longer and longer for me, 6yrs so far.

2 Likes

Well its 11yrs since my diagnosis that I am psychosis free but I stopped meds from 2014-2016 and went psychotic during that time.

2 Likes

6 years for me now since the end of 2016. From 2010 to 2016 i was in and out of psychosis. From 2006 to 2010 i was pretty stable but was still…odd.
From 2004 to 2006 i was on and out of psychosis.
From 2000 thru 2003 i was prodromal had first episode but not hospitalized

3 Likes

Like 6 months I think

1 Like

4 years I believe. Haven’t had much time in remission since that ended though

1 Like

Feel anything like before you were ill? I can’t wait to recover, and feel like I have some, but those were the days

1 Like

Ill live to be 120 im 34! Doing immaculate!!

1 Like

The last time I was in the hospital was the summer of 2013. I came across a couple of bottles of benzos, and I took all of them at once. When my case manager found me I couldn’t walk. They took me to the emergency room, but I don’t remember if they pumped my stomach. I did not mean to get that stoned. Those pills were just stronger than I thought. I learned a hard lesson there.

1 Like

My longest remission was about 3 years long, from 2006-2009. I’ve been in the H many times since then.

1 Like

My longest remission was five years with no medication but since 2012 when my sza returned, I’ve been on meds ever since and was unable to come off again. With meds my remissions can last a few months to a year but I find I have random episodes with stressors.

1 Like

4 out of the last 7 years. I don’t expect it to ever end. I’m over it as far as I’m concerned… except for the occasional voices which I tune out.

I’ve had someone on this forum tell me I should expect to become delusional again in the future, but that doesn’t sound like a good mindset to me. The only way I see myself slipping into it again is when I reach my late 60s or 70s and possibly start getting age-onset dementia. That could set it off again for sure.

1 Like

You’re wrong. 151515

1 Like