What to buy for Mother’s Day?

Hello - I noticed it’s Mother’s Day this Sunday but I haven’t gotten anything for my mom yet.

What should I buy? Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Maybe flowers?

2 Likes

I feel more than a gift from me to my mother, would be to say " I love you, Mummy " and a hug with kiss.

Also I would try this out,
Screenshot from 2023-05-10 11-44-53

1 Like

I like the origami flowers. I will check if I can buy them!

2 Likes

Yes, You can buy the color paper, its very easy to make, try checking it out the video in fast forward.

1 Like

I bought a pop-art card from Amazon with a lotus!

6 Likes

Flowers. Take her out to a nice restaurant.

3 Likes

Im gonna buy a cake from the store and offer to help her lay her flooring shes been working on

3 Likes

What does your mum like, what does she enjoy? I’d start from that.

E.g. my mum liked books, so I could buy her a little book or poetry book with a nice message. She liked good food and get togethers, so I could cook her a nice dish or take her for lunch. She liked drama movies, so I’d invite her for the movies. She like sentimental messages on a card, so I’d write her one. :slight_smile: She liked things that made the home more cosy, so I bought a (nice copy of a) painting that I thought she’d really liked, and put a frame around it.

2 Likes

I just plainly asked what she wanted and she said she could use a nutcracker, so that is what I ordered!

4 Likes

Haha. That is the easiest solution. Now be sweet with writing your card. Done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder what my kid will do.

It’s the first year he is not in primary school. In primary school they “force” the kids to make something for their mum. Like a photolist or a painted pot with little papers in it to pick saying “i love you mum” or “i like how you always…”. In middle school they are on their own. My dad (his father-figure) is probably not much of a help either. He is likely autistic. I don’t think he will take the initiative to help kid with it. Or see why he even should.

I want a mother’s day gift though. :cry: :wink:

2 Likes

I hope you get a nice gift from your son @anon21280033 .

It would help if they talked about it at school at least. Until today I wasn’t aware it is Mother’s Day this Sunday.

2 Likes

I’m fine without as well. :slight_smile:

I think they should, especially in first class, when they are still so small and getting used to being independent.

Haha I told him it was mother’s day, and we have been joking about what wonderful gifts he would bring me. He said he’d take me to a…pretpark, what is that, but I needed to pay. So he now knows.

2 Likes

Okay. Sometimes it’s good to take initiative.

I remember that as a kid I went to the theme park ‘De Efteling’ near Tilburg in The Netherlands.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s where he wanted to go. For Dutch kids it is like THE place to go.

I actually discussed it, because I thought it would be nice to just enjoy ourselves together and do something fun. Or go out for lunch. Rather than me leaning back and expect to be showered with praise and presents. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have siblings? Do you all come together at mother’s day?

1 Like

I have a sister but we don’t all come together with Mother’s Day.

In any case I’m going on holiday with my mom, her boyfriend and my aunt this weekend to a cottage in the French speaking part of Belgium.

We won’t make a big deal of it but I will give her my gift and card!

2 Likes

Nice. Have a fun holiday.

2 Likes

A box of chocolates, flowers and a card.

1 Like

I sent my mom and my mother-in-law flowers with a cute card. They both live about 1000 miles away so i wont see them. But im sure they will appreciate the flowers, i would! Honestly, ill be happy if my older two kids just remember to call me!

1 Like