What symptom makes it so hard for you to work?

Just curious?

Is it more your positive than negative symptoms, mixed or what?

8 Likes

For me it’s the lack of motivation. I just have a hard time getting started on stuff.

7 Likes

Negatives don’t help, I’ve a lack of motivation, pleasure, and goal direction, those don’t help.

But the main reason is my delusions, I’ve a very spotty track record, the jobs start to bleed into my delusions. I worked hospice and thought I was working for the angel of death, I worked billing and was looking up debtors houses to start sending them messages.

It’s not safe, and when I get stressed, my positives go up

5 Likes

Now that I’m on meds that work well, my biggest symptoms that keep me from working (because of the sz) are more cognitive functioning and side effects from meds. Like not being able to focus or remember things, staring into space and not being able to help it, extreme fatigue, that sort of thing.

6 Likes

Also, my doctor won’t approve me to go back to work because he’s worried the stress it would cause would bring back my positive symptoms.

4 Likes

Certainly endurance. I can’t do the same thing for longer than an hour. I would need to many breaks.

5 Likes

Probably lack of social skills and becoming depressed and confused easilly.

4 Likes

I work had to force myself to do so through the negative symptoms but work 8mprovex my emotional wellbeing.

1 Like

@anon39015889
I’m so inconsistent. One minute I can be psychotic, the next depressed, the next manic, ptsd, panic… rinse, repeat

3 Likes

I think its mostly loss of a place in society > Depression. But thinking everyone is making fun of me doesnt help much either

1 Like

@anon99233869
Sending you hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

It used to be my disabling paranoia, before I got put on Zyprexa. I was reading disaster into every task and every encounter with coworkers. I was paranoid that they all thought I was insane - the more I acted paranoid, the more I probably looked insane.

I have been looking for a full-time job since the middle of April, so the Zyprexa is letting me go back. I have been successfully volunteering two days a week and handling that with no problem, so I think I’ll be okay full-time.

2 Likes

I get paranoid and believe coworkers are plotting to get me fired. I forget things. Lots of things.

1 Like

mostly my symptoms are under control, my main worry is my anxiety getting the best of me but its better now than what it was because i’ve been doing more but slowly, slowly increasing my range of stress levels, anxiety levels so i can deal with more.

1 Like

Zombie! I just realized who you are, and I’m thrilled to see you! How are you?

1 Like

My present dilemma is indecisiveness. I can’t decide whether to work on developing gaming input devices or making games for a living. The input devices will require a few thousand dollars to prototype out, but the game dev is very cheap to pursue. I’m more passionate about the first though, and I’m married to the idea that if I am just passionate enough about it, the finances will work themselves out somehow. Realistically though I doubt it.

So logically I feel like I should just go with the game dev idea until I make enough money to do the input devices, but my heart’s just not in it enough to start. Damn it.

1 Like

I’m good :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes

Delusions and negatives are the worst. But I work through it everyday.

Having to deal with authority. It’s not really a symptom, but it can kickstart my symptoms.

1 Like

I was about to go to Uni for game development. It’s fun, hard, puzzling and that’s what makes it great. I wish you luck @naturallycured.

1 Like