What’s the best med for sleep?

I’m currently taking caplyta, and love it as an AP, but it does not put me to sleep like the risperdone or zyprexa used to. I’m currently taking trazodone to help sleep but I always wake up in a strangely bad mood if I take the full dose. I don’t want to take ambien or anything like that, bc of side effects and the fact that I will be using it long term. My doc doesn’t seem to help when I ask him for suggestions, but if I suggest something he will usually prescribe it. Anyone have any recommendations ?

I’m on clozapine for for nearly twenty years and I get a regular good night sleep wake up 7.30 am

1 Like

I sleep well on Geodon.

If you feel comfortable answering - Have you experienced sexual side effects on Caplyta?

2 Likes

I didn’t really have any sexual side effects when I was taking just the caplyta, since I’ve started taking the trazodone though I have noticed some sexual side effects, it’s not too bad though.

Geodon quit working as a sedative for me after a few months. I had to add Seroquel to it.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering!

1 Like

olanzapine puts me to sleep, but I´m not taking it anymore

1 Like

Why not? 1515151

1 Like

It´s pretty aggresive I think. I´m only on it for a brief time if psychotic. Otherwise abilify