Schizophrenia.com

What’s something that you’re looking forward to?

I’m having a hard time coming up with anything. I think I need to make some changes in my life.

6 Likes

If you want to make some changes, spend time with yourself to find out what you really like. Do things in your day that will make you happy and proud of yourself. Do what you really want to do and live for yourself.

3 Likes

LS! I look forward to tomorrow morning when there is money in my bank account and I can do shopping on websites. I want to buy clothing and dietary supplements and a refrigerator. Last week I did look forward to the result of my comprehensive blood test. Everything with my blood was okay. Now I can check on the internet what ESR, SED rate (which is 5 by the way) and leukocytes etcetera means.

1 Like

I suggest a social activity or at least something that gets you out of the house. The only people who really need to spend the entire day at home are old people.
I’m looking forward, tonight, to riding the Tianjin eye (a giant Ferris wheel). When I get back from China I’m looking forward to doing transition care, meeting my second peer coach client, passing out Chinese snacks to support group, seeing my friend, going to 4th Friday dinner with my client, good old American sandwiches, a slight diet and exercise regimen (nothing too intense), more trips to the hospital to sort out small stuff. I’m not looking forward to the boredom… in fact I’m expecting a bleak next few months. I really miss day treatment and the thing I’m most looking forward to is transition care because I need the talk therapy right now. :frowning:

2 Likes

Christmas is coming up. I’m looking forward to that this year as I have all my Christmas shopping done already !

6 Likes

I might go to an art session tomorrow. Idk what it will be like. But I’d like to think I’m looking forward to it… As oppose to doing nothing in particular

2 Likes

Still looking…

2 Likes

Im looking forward to spending the holidays with my daughter and grandchildren. I try to focus my attention on the people that love me.

2 Likes

This is the hardest question. Nothing…

3 Likes

I am 63 years old and I have had various forms of suffering for 39 years with schizophrenia. So I think I am due for remission. I expect God to smile upon me and make my daily life pleasant and natural. I also expect to meet someone, perhaps a woman, whom I can tell everything to and feel true love, and we will have the rest of our lives to be happy together.
Another thing I look forward to is a natural death and then going to a bliss-filled heaven. I really do not like the idea of suicide. I think it is violent and it is murder. All of my delusions over the years point to the reality of a heaven.
Yet just today I felt bad, so who knows?

5 Likes

Probably getting a college degree…anywhere really. As long as it is accredited and reputable so probably not online. Probably a public school.

2 Likes

I am living from paycheck to paycheck I look forward to. I think sometimes I am to depressed to do something. I was looking forward to the life i got now. No stress with jobs, school. Basically feeling free I was looking forward to.

3 Likes

I not only look forward to every 2nd Wednesday which is music therapy at the recovery centre, but I look forward to Tuesdays when my “Favourites” playlist is refreshed and curated by Apple Music. In fact I just got done listening to it a few minutes ago! :heart:

3 Likes

Music used to move me to the point I had to dance, like an incurable urge. Music doesn’t move me like it used to. I can still dance, but it’s somewhat rote. I wish it wasn’t.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to having dinner at my Uncle and Aunt’s on Saturday. They always make something nice and they are lovely people.

2 Likes

Im looking forward to Payday! Its my birthday soon so im gonna treat myself to a 50 inch tv - and bung the rest on the credit card. Im forever squinting at the current one. Brother said just get your eyes tested, but that would be boring lol.

5 Likes

I am looking forward to the end of October, I might be visiting a good friend.

2 Likes

Every year I wait for Christmas…Halloween too but not as much as Christmas with my family…

3 Likes

I am looking forward to visiting my friend in New York in a few weeks. She and I have been friends since high school and were roommates for a little while in college. She is like family. Also, it’s nice to socialize with someone my age whose life doesn’t revolve around small children these days. I love people and their small children, but it’s a lot of kid talk and well, I don’t have one.

2 Likes

Once Angie gets her disability I hope I can start my leathercraft hobby up again…it’s not too expensive to buy the leather kits…but set up with tools and such will be kind of hefty in price in the beginning…anyways…forgot about that.

2 Likes