What movie traumatised you as a kid?

For me hocus pocus scared me. It’s now one of my favs.

6 Likes

Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddy Kruger

5 Likes

Poltraguise (spelling) I remember it didn’t traumatize me but it effected my the most.

3 Likes

Friday the 13th. I had nightmares of Jason for years.

3 Likes

1408 did.

3 Likes

Rumpelstiltskin was the first movie that scare the crud outta me!! Since than I stay away from scary movies… that was when I was 5 or so…

2 Likes

The movie IT the original I was like 5 when I saw it.

4 Likes

the shining… redrum

3 Likes

Same for me @Nomad

That movie freaked me out badly. I’ll never watch it again…

2 Likes

the exorcist 1515

3 Likes

…dragon ball z bojack unbound

my grandma brought it back from a visit to japan before the show ever aired on TV in the west. So it was completely uncut and in 100% Japanese. The Japanese made this kind of smoke screen where the only thing I understood was this weird feeling when I saw this

3 Likes

Remember that movie called the candyman I think. When you said the word candyman 3 times while looking at your self in the mirror he would show up. I thought about trying it but I was scared to. I was just a kid.

1 Like

The Exorcist. Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it on TV.

3 Likes

The first Leprechaun did it for me. I stay away from rainbows now.

2 Likes

The Bond movie: “Gold Finger”. It showed a woman all painted in gold. I thought that was scary as heck.
“The Night of the Living Dead” was scary too. It was about zombies.

2 Likes

Dumb and dumber. The scene when he dreams someone taking his heart out with his bare hands in a fight.

3 Likes

I don’t know what it was, but there was one with a baby or doll that turns into a dead baby, and that was CREEPY. Almost 40 years later and I remember it.

2 Likes

Did you ever hear about the curse of the actors and actresses in Poltraguise. Apparently a lot of people died early in the movie.

3 Likes

The Caine Mutiny, I don’t know why, but that’s what my mother told me. I guess I saw a tiny bit of it and freaked out and had nightmares for weeks.

2 Likes

harry potter and the sorcerers stone. particularly this scene

3 Likes