First horror movie

What was the first horror movie you watched? And how old were you?
Mine was the Blair Witch Project… and I believe I was 7…?

2 Likes

Nightmare on Elm Street. I was maybe 7 years old. We have an Elm Street here in town. I used to be afraid of it. :joy:

2 Likes

Ahh spooky!!! @ThePickinSkunk

1 Like

I am too scared to remember them. Schizophrenia made me weak hearted. I used to dissect human bodies in university now just thinking about that scares me. I used to love watching Dr House, now I can’t watch it, tried many times, it scares me to death and I can’t sleep at night having flashbacks of scary and bloody scenes.

1 Like

@Aziz I can’t really watch horror movies anymore either… I used to love em

1 Like

Why does psychosis do this? It sucks. I can just watch 5% of what’s on Netflix, Family Guy, Money Heist and just 2 others.

1 Like

Sameeee… I can’t watch any animated cartoons anymore! South Park, the simpsons.

1 Like

I guess the Exorcist in 1973, never watched a lot of horror movies, but went on a date to see this one in theatre

2 Likes

Nightmare on Elm Street 3. I was 3 years old… knew how to work the VCR buahahahaha!

2 Likes

I used to look at the backs of scary movies when I was a kid in videos stores and freak myself out lol, I think I saw childs play an a kid and got scared. First horror movie I saw in theaters was the hills have eyes, like many I used to get a rush but now I just get overwhelmed.

2 Likes

The ring, was about 10. :ghost::scream:

1 Like

The only one I can remember is The Exorcist. My boyfriend took me and I had read the book. So it made me more terrified. Then they kept playing tubular? Bells on the radio. I couldn’t listen.

2 Likes

The Sixth Sense was the first one I remember watching all the way through. I was 9, and it scared the heck out of me, until I watched it again at 11 and thought it was a beautiful story of grief and understanding. It was more of a drama after I rewatched it.

1 Like

House on haunted hill grade 8

1 Like

Mine was Scream I think. Don’t really watch those types of films.

I loved the design of the killers mask in that film

1 Like

I don’t know the title of it but I remember it really scared me when I was a kid.

It was about a haunted house and I saw it when I was five on a USA Network horror show.

I think I was also five when I first saw Squirm. Oldie about killer worms.

I think it was either “The Blob” starring Steve McQueen or
“Frankenstein”. It was about 1966 and I was 5 years old.

It’s funny how scared The Blob made me. The only special effects were just this big, gelatinous mass that consumed people and got bigger every time it consumed a new victim.

1 Like

The Shining when I was 6.

1 Like

Friday the 13th, first one. I was around 8 or 9.

1 Like

evil dead

1 Like