What job could I do?

I have schizophrenia. I’m on SSI, but I don’t want to be forever. One day I hope to work and earn enough money to make a decent living. Question is: What sort of work could a schizophrenic like me be good at?? I have the pesky negative symptoms and my focus isn’t so great. What do you think I could actually be capable of doing? Are there certain jobs schizophrenics are good at and have the least problems with?

Janitor, ‘light’ manual labour jobs, artisan, clerical work…

3 Likes

Thank you very much

1 Like

The sky is the limit.

1 Like

I would just go to a job website like indeed and look for “all jobs”. Scroll through them, especially the newer ones, picking out job descriptions that look easy. I specifically looked for part time and found a job being a one on one tutor 2 days a week at a high school. I personally couldn’t be a janitor because it would require too much stamina and I don’t think I would like jobs where they bossed you around too much. I am thinking about being a substitute teacher and actually know a few other high functioning people with sz who chose this job.
Personally I see no reason you can’t take an intellectually demanding job if you are still smart enough. I don’t think it will necessarily be harder, just require more education.

2 Likes

Try to find something that you enjoy

2 Likes

I am a data analyst. It’s perfect because I don’t have to really deal with people and it works as a decent distraction

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.