What types of jobs?

Hiya to people that have schizophrenia what jobs do you do? I have it myself and was wondering the type of work that would be good for me. I don’t hear voices anymore but do get negative symptoms.

1 Like

I work at a paper mill. I have worked there since before I got sick though, so I don’t know if I would recommend it. I work 7 days a week on a rotating shift schedule, so the hardest part is just making it in every day, and it would be tricky for someone that has difficulty sleeping. I don’t think the work I do is particularly difficult on its own, for the most part, but some days are harder than others.

2 Likes

It depends on your skills, education and your current situation. If you feel good now, you can do some challenging job.

1 Like

I work in workers insurance and compensation. My job is mostly administrative but I have to speak to people occasionally too.

It’s good for me because I have done it for over five years now so I know what I’m doing and I like working with complex legislation.

The hard part is that I have interaction with a government department that (the department of agriculture) I am pretty sure are trying to tap into my brain crystals.

2 Likes

My highest status job was as a park ranger for two years. The easiest job I’ve ever had is my current job as a janitor. I’ve been there five years. None of my jobs are glamorous, but they pay for gas, CD’s, eating out at restaurants, nice clothes, and and some luxuries. I’ve unloaded trucks, worked in restaurants, worked in several department stores, worked in warehouses etc. I like my current job at an office building for the Army reserve because I get to work pretty much alone. Most of the day, I’m off on my own without anybody bugging me. I’m working among soldiers but they don’t bother me and it’s fun talking to both the men and the women.

2 Likes

I work as a delivery person. I deliver packages. I used to be a manager but got ill. Now I’m delivering and picking up packages from customers. I’ve been doing this for 3 years now and was chosen to be a team leader because I did such good work and know my city inside out. My knowledge is from before I got ill in 2009. I don’t know if I can learn a new job.

3 Likes

I’m male giggalo