Schizophrenia.com

What is your regret?

When you look at your past what is your regret?

5 Likes

I just regret that things (life) were so difficult. I’m sure there must have been an easier way.

5 Likes

It’s not your fault.

God how I wish my folks could say that to me, it’s not my fault either.

As for regrets I can’t think of just one solitary one at the moment.

Although not applying myself in high school is a good one.

5 Likes

Not winning the lottery. Looking back I should have tried harder.

5 Likes

I regret not listening to the psychiatrist advice earlier

It cost me my place at medical school

4 Likes

I have a lot of regrets. Too many in fact. My biggest regret is going to college. I was very naive and autistic and didn’t understand peoples’ motives towards me. One guy kept pushing me to do business or ibanking instead of engineering; another kept pressuring me to go to parties.

Personally, if I knew growing up my life would turn out like this, I would probably avoid college altogether and thus drink less caffeine/energy drinks; probably would have delayed my schizo by several years; would have known I had autism and gotten proper therapy.

I would have kept my job in retail and then maybe taught myself some skills at home and been an entrepreneur or small business owner and stayed near my family and stayed local.

I regret treating people cruelly especially women like calling them ugly and stuff.

The women I wanted never wanted me. The pretty ones. I felt bad for the ones who liked me or befriended me and some were slow or learning disabled, which didn’t really go well with my self-esteem and stuff. I was too nice and possibly really inexperienced making friends. When I say autistic I mean high functioning Asperger’s Syndrome. Mild type. I have no gimp and I can make friends and have small talk. But I was always kind of a square peg trying to fit into a round hole my entire ■■■■■■■ life. Awkward and stuff.

I would have hit the gym more and maybe got into weight lifting. I still can, I guess.

I had a lot of talents growing up like computer skills and stuff. Math came easy and was natural. My best subject growing up was English, ironically.

I don’t know what happened to me, but I was ‘targeted’ my whole life. I had one former high school friend years back who had a friend that hated me/jealous of me so he pulled a knife on me back in the alley -way in high school. I could have died or got seriously hurt back then.

I had schizophrenia in high school early on. From pot and stuff and being ‘popular’ and fitting in. I guess the ‘grey aliens’ changed my destiny according to soul transfer and time travel and ‘many worlds theory’ --supposedly…I’m pretty sure I never went to high school despite the records of me barely passing. Wouldn’t be surprised if I dropped out and never graduated – according to Rosetta Stoned by Tool, unless they changed my history/destiny. Stuff like that I never figured out.

I ended up smoking pot in college and got real sick instead. I don’t know why I was targeted since birth but now I thought it was generational or something. Like either I was severely autistic (Asperger’s), John Titor, or I invented some crazy technology growing up. I think there’s possibly some cults in my area, I don’t know. I really don’t know. My high school friend was ‘gothic’ but looking back maybe he was just Satanic…He was also really ■■■■■■■ racist. I don’t remember life that much growing up because it doesn’t seem real to me at all. Like it’s fake.Like it didn’t happen.

I think my mental illness got the best of me. In America, mental illness is discriminated against and we are way behind Scandinavia and stuff towards kindness towards the disabled and mentally ill. Maybe I had some behavioral problems in my past lives. I don’t know.

I might be an alien hybrid or some crap for all I know.

I could have done BMX or been enlisted in the military or something if I never went to college. Might have had my life changed for the better or worse.

I loved video games growing up. Was soo good.

2 Likes

I regret losing my virginity to a girl who later left me bcz of my sz.

2 Likes

I don’t think you could prevent sz from happening or even make it appear later. For me at least. No matter what I did including removing every stress still resulted in sz and what I am now.

1 Like

It was totally out of my control but I regret staying a year at Soteria House. I was 19-20 and had no choice. I couldn’t take care of myself and I was psychotic and messed up by schizophrenia and was depending on my parents. They did what they thought would be best for me and got me into the place.

Btw, Soteria House was an experimental program in the 1970-80’s for schizophrenics that was an alternative to hospitalizations and meds. The founders just rented a house in the community and staffed it with young people who had no prior experience in the mental health field.

Anyways, the founders claimed it was a success but it had plenty of critics who thought it was a failure. It didn’t do anything and I regret staying there and wish instead that I had been put on meds early when I first got sick.

4 Likes

Meh it’s a waste of time to regret stuff, I regret ever regretting anything.

1 Like

Not meditating more. Not doing more research on meditation.

2 Likes

i dont really regret alot because theres always something to learn from a bad experience or a mistake. but i do regret not dating my ex. she let me move in, i lost my job and car from physical disability, she kicked me out. i was just her sugar momma and didnt realize it

1 Like

I have zero regrets. I did the best I could with the information I had. I did the best I could do within the constraints I was dealt. I did everything in moderation most of the time but when the situation presented itself I lived my life according to extremes to meet varying goals. I gave and took from others. I did my duty to society, what I owed them for collectively raising me. Then I got sick. Now it’s like a hedonistic, individualistic existence separate from society. No man is an island though I often am alone.

2 Likes

I don’t really have regrets but sometimes embarrassing memories pop up of when I used to abuse alcohol. I was on and off meds back then, and a raving lunatic at times.

Older age has definitely mellowed me out.

2 Likes

My regret is meeting homicidal voices

1 Like

I had this huge rpg and games collection with lots of stuff that is now rare. Gave it away to my then brother in law…he was a bit of a douche and he split with my sister just after. I still like and collect game systems but that was my only regret. I wish I hung onto them. I could have made some coin at least!

1 Like

Leaving my marriage

1 Like

I didn’t tell him.

1 Like

My main regret is telling people about all my regrets.

3 Likes

Love more
Patience
Forgiveness

1 Like