What IS your better neuroleptics to stay slim or lose Weight?

What is you better neuroleptic to stay slim or lose Weight ? The dose IS linked with gain or lose Weight ?

I am on Abilify and Haldol. I want to lose more weight but after a certain point, the weighing scale is stuck. I exercise one hour daily and sometimes one and a half hour.

I tried losing weight by limiting food intake, but it always plateaued for months on end. I did this over and over again for years and it didn’t work.

The only way I succeeeded in losing wieght was to change to a Huel protein shake diet 3 times a day and a small meal.

I have reached and maintained a bmi of 25 now doing this.

It took me 6 months of huel shake drinking to acheive this. I lost 9kg slowly and surely. The closer you get to the BMI of 25 the harder it is to lose. At a larger weight the first 5kg comes off more easily, but then it stops as it did for me.

Personally, I love the protein shakes that come in around 8 flavours. There are two options the normal huel and the protein version. For weight loss I believe the high protein low carb diet is the best.

Each shake is 400 calories and is nutritionally balanced to fufil dietary requirements which I believe helped me to lose weight as I wasn’t lacking any nutrients. With a proper food regimen it is difficult to manage calorie intake as the use of olive oils or other is hard to quantify.

A huel diet worked for me, nothing else did.

PM me your email address and we can both get a discount if you want to try the huel diet. Just PM me the email address and you can leave it at that if you don’t want to discuss anything. :slight_smile:

I’m able to lose weight on Haldol. I lost 100 pounds (45 kg) in one year while on Haldol. Then I switched to Invega and gained 40 of those pounds (18 kg) in just a few months. I’m back on Haldol and back on a 1200 calorie diet and back to exercising 4-5 days per week.

3 Likes

Abilify is the antipsychotic with which I have less weight gain

1 Like

I am plateauing and have been for a while now and I’m on a weight loss drug