What is the meaning of life...?

Honestly, I really had a problem with this as a kid and apathy and Nihilism. I’ve long since just moved on and still care about being good and living my life in a way that leaves the world a better place, but I don’t really get preoccupied by the “why” of things. Some things just are the way they are.

1 Like

If life seems jolly rotten
There’s something you’ve forgotten
And that’s to laugh and smile and dance and sing

Life if Brian - Monty python

4 Likes

42! Sorry I couldn’t resist.

The purpose of your life is a matter of choice. Let me offer you a suggestion.

Imagine the future of humankind. There are many possible futures, some of them catastrophic or dystopian, others much more beautiful and desirable. As Carl Sagan said, it is well within our power to destroy our civilization and poison our planet, or to overcome our differences and make our lives abundant and meaningful.

Your actions matter. The ideas and memes you spread keep circulating. So does an influence of even a simple smile. So make sure the influence you have is as good and as widespread as possible. This perspective demands humility, as sometimes one can feel like a drop in the ocean. Accept that you don’t have to be in the center of it, like Bruce Willis character in Armaggedon. There is much to be done outside of the spotlight.

Make this purpose yours and you will have a meaning of life that is larger than you.

I don’t think she’s doing it to get around the rules. Some people don’t write out the name of God. Call it spiritual or superstitious or whatever. That’s what some people believe.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure she does it because she thinks the word is banned. She also writes pr-y. I wanted to inform her that the words aren’t banned at all, it’s religious discussion that is banned. But I might be wrong about why she started writing some words that way.

1 Like

Chocolate cake.

Lots of it.

Get on the ball man…

1 Like

@anon9798425, Where do I go to see this “flagged words list”?

1 Like

To live and let live. For me anyway.

1 Like

To love your neighbor as yourself. Sometimes if there are too many frogs on the lillypad an extra hop may be the ticket.

I knew I should have read the directions! Too late my life is already put together wrong and there’s a bunch of pieces left over…they must have been the ones for joy and meaning. :open_mouth:

The meaning of life,
To live until you die.
What you do when alive, is ultimately up to you.

You can’t. But there are no religious words on it at all.

To paint your life, and view others painted lives

1 Like

Life means different things to different people. There is no absolute one-size-fits-all answer to your question. If there was, life would be very boring. To find meaning, you need to find a purpose. Some challenge you are interested in.

I was a programmer before my sz started so i was heavily involved in logic. When I had to quit the job because of my problem, I felt life had no meaning or purpose. But I noticed I liked seeing art on the internet. So I started learning apps that let you make art on the computer. I’m still learning but along with my logic side, I have improved my creative side.

If you have trouble finding a purpose, look at the things that interest you and see how you can improve at doing them. You seem to have some interest in this forum so think about getting more involved here if you cant think of any other interests.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.