Philosophers whats the purpose to life

Is there a purpose to life ?

2 Likes

I think life has the purpose you give it.

5 Likes

I think the purpose of life is to enjoy life as much as possible and to have the best life you possibly can.

2 Likes

Pablo Picasso Quote: “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose  of life

When I was younger like 12 years ago, I was quite sure that the meaning of life was to have children. But I don’t believe in that anymore. At least not that it is the meaning for everybody.

2 Likes

I think the purpose of life is to become the best person you can be. I’m not sure if I succeed or fail at this, but I do try

2 Likes

To find order and meaning to the absurdity of this realm.

To find a peace with your soul and a love of your true, best self.

Reach for the star’s and become the demigods bards will sing of.

Live

2 Likes

Practically speaking i think one of the purposes of life is to make more life. If we stop making more life, then life won’t exist. If life doesn’t exist it can’t have a purpose.

As for the meaning of life, I am not to sure about that, I think about it sometimes but haven’t come to any conclusions.

2 Likes

According to Freud the meaning and purpose of life was to love and to work. I could go along with that. I also believe, like Ms. Flowerpot, that life substantially has the purpose you give it. I also believe in the possibility of redemption. You can always redeem yourself from going astray.

4 Likes

The purpose of life is the purpose of life

1 Like

love yourself is the purpose

Clearly for many people the purpose of life is to find the purpose of life. Luckily for me, I’m not one of them.

1 Like

Thomas Hobbes would say that life is nasty, brutish, and short, and that the only purpose of an individual is to serve their sovereign unquestioningly

2 Likes

Lol yes my queen! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

To grow and reproduce

To gain fulfillment, and to accept whatever comes your way…to try in life…and to have fun.

1 Like

The meaning of life is life itself.

4 Likes

There is no purpose in my life. However, I think that the first of our purpose is to survive this world and reproduce.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.