What is the ideal relationship like anyway?

What is the ideal relationship like anyway?

A girl that won’t jet because of my alcoholism and schizophrenia. I’m more than ready for a new relationship but technology makes it so frustrating. Since moving to a new state I’ve only had friends with benefits situations…

1 Like

:flushed: People can not even deal with regular normal people, imagine alcoholism, and mental illness on top. Sorry dude!

It is a constant struggle for most. I made this for a fun topic.

1 Like

@MissMermaid One day I’ll kidnap Natalie Portman and all will be well lol. :grin:

3 Likes

I would advise against trying that. She has body guards that are in the lookout for people like that.

1 Like

A lady that accepts me for me and is willing to compromise

1 Like

Joanne Davila says a healthy relationship has got three conditions:

1. I know and like myself;
  2. I know and like my partner;
  3. My partner knows and likes me.

There are also three skills that can be developed for healthy relationships:

1. Insight: The ability to understand yourself and your partner (or potential partner), understand the causes and consequences of your behavior, and learn from your mistakes.;
  2. Mutuality: The ability to recognize that both you and your (potential) partner have needs and that both sets of needs matter, and the desire to maximize the likelihood that both sets of needs will get met.;
  3. Emotion regulation: The ability to regulate emotions in response to relationship-relevant experiences and to make choices and decisions that can be successfully dealt with emotionally.

This website talks a lot about a healthy relationship: http://www.skillsforhealthyrelationships.com/

4 Likes

@MeghillaGorilla1 I have no problem getting laid, I crave companionship at the moment. How did you delete your comment? Lol

You seem pretty confident in yourself. What’s Types of pick up lines do you use with the ladies? Maybe you could teach me a thing or two

I’m not that confident after having been psychotic and most women I meet crave succesful men. How do you do it so effortlessly with schizophrenia?

This is good stuff @brugluiz. That’s what I’ve been missing the first one. It’s very hard to know yourself after having been psychotic for a long time.
I’ve got the other two but i wish I could get comfortable in my own skin and know how my mind worked better. That is the key to attracting a good partner I think

1 Like

I love my husband madly. I feel comfortable with him, I can relax around him. I don’t feel the need to act out to get attention or acceptance. I can speak my mind about things I like and things I don’t like. He checks in with me but trusts me to ask for the things I need. I care deeply about his comfort and happiness but I trust him to take responsibility for it. I give what I’m able to give as does he and we build no resentments for each others limitations. We have found a place of mutual acceptance for each others strengths and weaknesses and are reaping the incredible benefits for taking this leap. I hope for everyone that they can find what we have found if that is something they value as it is a beautiful thing.

4 Likes

This is what I’ve actually found to be true in my life, so all speculation aside: my husband and I are “all in”. We’re committed to each other and will not break that commitment. Now, I still waver because that’s me, but aside from him cheating or abusing me, I won’t ever leave him.
There are things I love about him, like his calm demeanor and kindness… and there are things he loves about me, but there are many times when I know I’ve pushed him right to the edge, and times when I’m upset at him and ready to call it quits, but we won’t.
That is the ideal partner to me. Someone who has promised to stick with you to the end and means it.
There’s a statistic that says arranged marriages are more successful than chosen ones and maybe this commitment to the marriage rather than how you feel in the moment is the key?

2 Likes

Both individuals meet each other’s needs without entitlement, manipulation or resentment. There is only respect, love and mutual understanding of each other.

3 Likes

@MeghillaGorilla1 If you’re using pick up lines then you’re already doomed lol. Strike up a conversation and don’t be afraid to be yourself no matter how odd you think you are. I would usually get approached first when I’d stop for a drink after work. With online dating I try to pick dates that are more active. I find it easier to bond that way, it eases anxiety and makes it easier when you end up making eye contact. No one wants to feel like they’re getting interrogated or at a job interview on a first date.

3 Likes

Yea I get approached too but I have zero interest and no sex drive from these damn meds.
Plus a little concerned about explaining my whereabouts the last ten years and lack of work.
But if you work I suppose you have something to talk about which is good.
The girls that like me are either too young or too old.
And the ones my age tend to have some serious baggage. I hear you in the companionship thing though. I’m not looking to get laid either.
Sex is not the same when you’re taking Latuda and god knows what else. More power too ya homie. I know what it’s like to be a cool dude and have a brain disorder. My twenties were lost to this illness.

@MeghillaGorilla1 Not being able to work is frustrating, it’s been a year for me now. I had to come out here and live with family because I ended up homeless in Las Vegas. That sh*t is no joke with mental illness. I’m afraid the same might happen out here. My family refuses to believe how debilitating this illness is and it’s harder for me to cope out here because I’m so adapt to city life. I apologize to everyone in advance for straying off topic.

1 Like

The ideal relationship is a black man & white woman relationship or a white man & Asian woman relationship.

1 Like

Someone who can accept my Sza and the fact that I may not be able to pay for many dates that involve, well spending money. My goal is to lose weight while I’m waiting to get accepted into low income apartments then find someone through the online dating site for MI. Although since I live in a rural area, I may not find anyone who likes me close enough. There may not be anyone close enough at all.

1 Like

Ha ha ha!! @DancesWithWolves, some gi… might Like this. I did a mistake, by not to follow it. Now I am feeling!!!