What is the best job you have ever had

The best job was bagging groceries. For some reason I liked that job. The second best job I ever had was delivering pizza. It was easy. You get to ride in your car and listen to music.

2 Likes

Electrician. Loved it. Every day was like a day at the playground for me. I enjoyed it so much I thought it was ridiculous to be getting paid for something I enjoyed so much. Anyway, I decided to try a different career to diversify my experience and enhance my electrical skills, had a major psychotic episode, and became the redundant bag of protoplasm that I am today.

3 Likes

The best job i’ve ever had is the one i have now. Working as an RN. My second favourite job was a legal secretary.

3 Likes

I haven’t worked.
Well, when i was a teenager,
I was a waiter in a restaurant.
I have helped my father
who was electrician and fisherman.
I didnt like any of those

1 Like

Delivering pizza wasn’t bad. You need to have a strong car, though. Closing the shop is a pain, but other than that it’s not a bad way to make money.

1 Like

My best job was working as a computer programmer for an insurance firm in the erstwhile World Trade Centre in NY

Loved the job a lot and made some good money

4 Likes

Best job I ever had was a year of teaching middle school Spanish in the mornings and teaching Kindergarten in the afternoons!

3 Likes

The best job I ever had was Laboratory Scientist. It was a pretty easy job, but they had bad conditions and they kept putting off building a new building, so I quit. The most fun was probably working for MCI WorldCom, selling residential long distance service.

3 Likes

Well, being a park ranger for two years was my highest status job.

I’ve had 25+ jobs doing anything from unloading trucks, driving, working in restaurants and gas stations and multiple department stores but I have to say that my current job as a janitor is my favorite job. It has so many good points.

One main thing is I suffer from fatigue and I’m really slow but no one says a word about it. I figure if they haven’t fired me by now that they ain’t going to.

I get paid vacation and paid sick leave. I only work three days a week, six hours a day. The work takes effort for sure but compared to unloading trucks for four years, my job now is a piece of cake.

I work in an army reserve office building and the soldiers are mostly nice and respectful. i get called “sir” all the time and it’s a positive thing.

I don’t have to be there until 10:00 am and I get off at 4:00 pm. I mean you can’t beat those hours.

3 Likes

When are you planning on retiring?

1 Like

I worked as a bellman at a few hotels 4 star and 3 star. I was in the hotel Union and it was extremely easy and I had people handing me 1s 5s 10s and 20s all day ! We also had these group tours and would get paid 3.75 per bag that we touched. So like let’s say there’s 50 bags and split that money between two bellman. A lot of times there were up to like 5 tours a day! It was nice good money and my coworkers were close friends of mine at the time. Best job ever!

3 Likes

When hell freezes over. Hopefully tonight.

4 Likes

I was in risk management lol

2 Likes

My favourite job for the challenge, was probably computer programmer. I also loved being a welder. We built furnaces, and there was something satisfying about constructing them

2 Likes

Baseball umpire when I was 11-14 years old. I got paid decent wage per hour. Although not many hours. But just got to judge a baseball game. Had other decent jobs too and shitty ones but this one takes cake.

2 Likes

Embalming assistant at a funeral home at the age of around 17. They let me dissect down to arteries and all sorts of stuff.

Wear your seatbelts everyone. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

I was a data analyst for 6 years. Was a great job and well paid.

Unfortunately the company changed too much and I had to leave

2 Likes

The best job I ever had was working for Big Blue or in other words, IBM (International Business Machines). Working at Big Blue was my work placement job from school. I only worked for IBM for less than a week but overall was an interm for less than a month because that was when my psychosis hit me. I’m not sure what working for IBM would have been like if I had stayed there for a year or more.

1 Like

I had my own business as an independent contractor teaching fitness classes to Title 1 or low income schools, it was awesome, I used to love working with kids.

1 Like

I suppose I’d have to say Clinton cards. It is a gift card and gift store.

Nice staff.

And that’s what’s important.

Maybe it’s also because I only worked there for a month as a temp.

And that’s when I was at my best mentally in terms of times of working.

1 Like