What is the best advice you have ever been given?

What is the best advice you have ever been given?

A psychic once told me to change each negative thing in my life into something positive. Simple, but very effective advice for me.

4 Likes

Love everyone, regardless…

4 Likes

Tell the important people in your life your feelings for them. You’re not promised tomorrow.

4 Likes

My Mum always told me to “keep life simple”.

3 Likes

I’m glad that I had the chance to tell my father that I loved him before he died.

4 Likes

Both my mother and my psychiatrist told me “what if aliens/CIA read your mind? You have nothing to hide”

2 Likes

I’d say the worst advice I’ve ever gotten was that I was a genius. It made me lazy and cocky, and I shied away from work that challenged my self-image. I read a study that it’s far more effective to reward effort than results. The people who have their effort rewarded work harder than those who have their results rewarded.

Also wish I had the intelligence to work at a 9-to-5 long enough to raise money for entrepreneurial things, instead of feeling I was “too special” to work in the “rat race”. ■■■■■■■ retarded, I was.

3 Likes

Good point! I’ll have to remember that when I think people are reading my mind.

2 Likes

Make the best of your situation

2 Likes

My psychologist once told me to focus externally, like physically and on the outside I look nice. So she told me to focus on the outside and don’t go internally into my mind. Also if people really are talking about me, its probably about something positive. Also that people usually judge themselves more than others, so i shouldn’t worry about what others think, because they are probably worrying about what I think of them etc

1 Like

Very simple, very hard to attain,

1 Like

“Never take anyone’s advice.”

1 Like

Always make sure to pay your bills first
My dad

5 Likes

great advice… i mean wait… so if advice is bad and this is advice then…i mean…i i. becomes stuck in infinity loop

1 Like

love God and love your neighbour

5 Likes

Someone once told me hardship is temporary he explained to me that what I was going thru at moment wasn’t forever it made sense later when I evolved from that situation I was in so now I don’t panic or worry to much bcuz like he said it’s temporary thing and life keeps moving

3 Likes

My Dad told me “You have to do good to do good.”

3 Likes

I can’t think of any specific advice, but i guess the concept that life is too short to live to sweat the small stuff would be some advice that someone had given me at some stage…i can’t remember. Anyway, it has allowed me to let go of all the minor s#$% in my life and focus on what is really important.

1 Like

His advice to lay my head back down on chair instead of rest my head on tray table during flight.

Try to relax and calm down.

1 Like