What is Recovery (part 2)

I’m right there with you. Sz took me on a much different path then almost everyone. Now that I’m getting healthy and back on track, I feel like I’m years behind my real age. I’m 29 but I feel like I’m 19 some times and just figuring it out.

1 Like

Yeah, as long as you are not violent nor too socially withdrawn, and as long as you’re kind and helpful, people would accept you, but I’m talking about whether or not you can accept yourself with schizophrenia as part of you. I think recovery means different for those who accept themselves and those who don’t.

Personally, I’m almost symptom free (besides some mild paranoia along with some degree of negative symptoms). My confidence was never high before I got diagnosed, and my diagnosis just made things worse. Now, I spend most of my time alone or with my parents. No real friends :\ I feel myself wanting to take the steps toward talking to old friends and reconnecting with them, but it’s a hard step to take with such low confidence and inability to focus on conversations.

I can relate, though, to that feeling of getting back on your 2 feet and adjusting to a normal life again.

Hey, I feel the same way!

Recovery is a journey. It may be two steps forward and three steps back. It takes self-responsibility and self-advocacy. I’m not sure what my full potential is, but I have rebuilt my life over the last 8 years. I took a class and learned about well-being and wholeness which is made up of the spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, and social dimensions which we try to balance and keep in harmony.

1 Like