What if schizophrenia is caused by past life karma?

Im wondering what i have done to deserve a ■■■■ life.

2 Likes

Probably. I should never have double-dipped that carrot from the veggie tray. At least I didn’t come back as a politician, so there’s that.

13 Likes

I grew up with these beliefs and one day someone in a fit of rage said my dad had visual problems because of his past life karma and when I questioned it no one could answer that so I eventually stopped believing. I don’t think there’s such a thing.

1 Like

Haha!! Omg this made me laugh out loud.

1 Like

You’re young enough to turn it around. You’ve been dealt a bad hand.

3 Likes

If that’s the case the karma can stop now they paid me back three fold already!

1 Like

I watched this movie a he had past lives and sz it was good

2 Likes

I read once some where that mentally I’ll people used to be worshipped… Hope those day come again…

2 Likes

What if it isn’t?

1 Like

I have fully believed this to be true and believed I was being actively cosmically punished for sins I wasn’t aware of, which then my mind would tell to me, which were things that never happened (I tried to confess multiple times to no avail, it never happened according to everyone else, but then why would I believe or imagine this? if it wasn’t true). After all this time, and I know I couldn’t help myself at the time, but I was tortured because I HAD to figure out why.

The biggest mistake I ever made in my life was trying to figure out why.

1 Like

Even if it is, so what? IF there is reincarnation, I would assume the point is to learn from previous mistakes and do it better this time. In that case we all have a wonderful opportunity to kick things up a notch. That’s something to be happy about and to take advantage of.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

1 Like

I felt like i had some gene mutation and withing my body. I think there was an article on youth age. It was about aging from being childhood living in bad food habitat, and growing up. Drugs can cause it to.

The universe can kiss my grits…

2 Likes

My understanding is that it’s genetic and inherited from your parents. Supposedly my dad had schizophrenia, according to a 1958 psychiatrist. I never knew him when I was a kid. My grandmother thought he was just a drunk who got arrested all the time. I finally met him when I was 18 I think, before I came down with schizophrenia. I didn’t have any further contact with him, and never asked him about the Sz. So no telling.

Everyone says I have Sz so maybe they are right. A judge found me not guilty due to mental illness, and he’s probably right. Two psychiatrists say I have Sz too. I don’t know who to believe about whether I have Sz. I wish I didn’t though. Why should I be taking expensive meds all the years I did, the side effects they cause.

This illness to me is proof there is no such thing as karma. It doesnt matter how much good I do, it never comes back to me.

Whatched the trailer to infinite, looks pretty good :o

1 Like

Yes, genes do play a part.

Not necessarily. None of my ancestors (parents, grandparents and maybe even great grandparents) had sz.

Genes can mutate. Also, there are an enormous number of possible gene combinations and we don’t know yet which ones should be blamed.

Also, early life trauma (including pre-natal events such as mother catching an infection or taking certain pills) can also increase the risk of developing sz later in life.

2 Likes

As my best friend put it, the trauma even her grandmother faced happened to her too even if she was just a tiny speck inside her. Generational trauma has been mind blowing to learn about. And yes trauma is a risk factor for schizophrenia. I try not to think too hard about karma, which i consider to be a spiritual/religious thing, and things of that sort, because well never know. Karma is not at least currently a scientific thing, and might lead to psychotic thinking, so i avoid it.

2 Likes

I think that we just have bad luck to get Sz.

Also, there is no answer to the question why it is me who get Sz.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.