What I thought of yesterday at the bar

There is this awesome Amy Winehouse cover band, the girl sounded just like her. I observed the piano player and I said GEE that looks like fun! I used to play the piano when I was a kid and I own a keyboard :musical_keyboard:. So I thought about practicing my piano skills, no keyboard skills in. Kind of like @jukebox with his guitar. I can’t work. But if I could find an awesome hobby like playing the keyboard, maybe that can entertain me, for the next 70 years. I want to learn how to read music again, how to write music again, how to play music again, and most of all I want to learn how to Play Sweet sick songs on the keyboard… Like famous songs… And do my own renditions. This would satisfy all my needs. Maybe in 10 years I can join a band even or something. My aunt questions why am not on Broadway already for piano playing I was that good! And it can’t be that hard to pick up again Can it? I know it won’t be easy but I can do it! Wish me luck! Maybe as my voice develops I can be like Billy Joel…

4 Likes

I look forward to hearing your piano music! You’re very creative.

1 Like

Thanks maybe @Gina2 and I can collaborate or at least encourage each other on and give tips. Me and Gina…we both wanna master the piano and speak Spanish fluently. Cool we both have that in common.

1 Like

I had a few years of formal piano training as a pre teen. Then abandoned it altogether. Picked it up again in my late twenties, then sz effed me up good. Now I play occasionally and I have to say, some skills are lost, like perfect pitch and finger mobility, but I am still able to play easy tunes without enraging my audience :blush:
Piano is also my fave instrument to listen to. I strongly encourage you to start messing with that keyboard as much as you can !!

1 Like

I have very dexterous fingers lol. I’m a Fast typer too if that means anything.

1 Like

Yes it does mean a lot. I am a fast typist too. But my fingers got used to the smaller computer keys, which require less power and elasticity. On a grand piano I have a hard time pressing the keys properly. I get tired faster than I’d like.

1 Like