What I should, and shouldn't say to my new pdoc

Phil thinks if I tell him or her about targeting,

they’re gonna want to up my AP, which I don’t want to do.

I fight my brain all the time with this paranoia.

I guess I’ll just keep it all in check at my appointment.

2 Likes

I say be honest with your pdoc at all times. It’s the only way to get better.

2 Likes

you’re right, I’m always honest, I just don’t want to be overly medicated.

you’ve seen all the pills I take, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Maybe the answer isn’t more meds, but CBT. After all, the meds can make you think clearly, but if you’re still going on conspiracy sites all the time you’re still going to have your delusions reinforced. Maybe some behavioral therapy can help you with reality testing.

1 Like

I recommend DBT over CBT any day. It doesn’t help you live in the midwest or south whatever. I prefer California. Very liberal, despite myself being conservative. When it comes to mental health, I don’t get discriminated or told I’m possessed. I get treated like royalty lol. You need good clinicians who are trained. You should consider Oregon, Washingon, or California someday or maybe the east coast.

I agree tell your docs everything but be wary. I told them my story many times. Ended up going nowhere. Nobody believes conspiracy theories even doctors. According to some people, even the doctors are in on it…not sure I fully believe that.

Some docs might give you more meds but some people will just let you process your story sometimes. I refuse more meds and ECT. I get enough meds where I’m happy. I love Vraylar.

Despite myself being conservative, I will not move to the boons or Texas. I need good mental health care. I need to be treated with respect. Thank You.

1 Like

it depends if I get life threatening illness with little time to live,

then I might leave and go try to see all the sites in the nation.

thanks for your reply, Iowa is a swing state, I’m not very Liberal, just Liberal.

1 Like

My pdoc is fairly new too @Daze and before I got him I wouldn’t be completely honest either. But when I got this one I had already decided to be honest :100: percent.

And he raised my meds and did that dna test that I’ll get the results in a couple weeks.
It is embarrassing for me to be totally honest with him but laid it out all on the table even all the stuff I’m ashamed of.

And he seemed like he appreciated the truth and didn’t act one bit surprised about anything I said.
So anyway once I got over that hump I say anything I want to him.
I used to care way to much about what the pdoc thought of me. But now that I was :100: honest with him he got very aggressive about my treatment. It’s still a work in progress. But it feels good to me that he’s taking a active role in helping me. Like he really cares. The rest of them just herded me in and out like cattle and didn’t give one s h I t if it helped or not. Sorry for the long post

1 Like

that’s good. sometimes if you don’t say enough, they may think you don’t have schizophrenia. I’ll see how I feel when I get to one on one.

1 Like

Be careful don’t get yourself locked up in a ward lol by telling to much

2 Likes

Honesty is always the best policy.

I agree that you should be honest, but it has to be with a trustworthy pdoc. I told my previous pdocs about my symptoms and they just kept upping my meds until I was on maximum doses of seven different meds. When I was honest with my current pdoc, she got me down to lowest effective doses of three meds (where I currently am). Two of the three meds are different from my old ones. I’m now stable and looking to go back to work full-time. It’s all about the right pdoc.

I hope your new pdoc is awesome! Keep us updated how your appointment goes!

2 Likes

what do you mean by targeting?..

What @Cindy10 said. I don’t want to get deleted or suspended.

You can be honest, and still be firm about your desires about your medication levels.
There is no perfect fix for this, and I think the profession is getting good at solutions medically through research, but in the now, your suffering matters, and you shouldn’t be forced to commit to an imperfect solution, that you know doesn’t fit you.

So tell them about your symptoms, hear their suggestions, maybe try an alternative medicine, or if you’ve had enough of swapping and the rigors involved, tell them you’ve had enough, and you’re just going to deal with the problem, and you’re looking for other sorts of therapy to help.

There are therapies that help, that aren’t just throwing pills at the problem until one sticks.

1 Like

thank you. It doesn’t go away, honey. It’s on-going, if I could get over it in therapy from the past maybe.

1 Like

I’m on the Invega shot and Abilify. Feel almost normal now. Maybe you can try that.

Amen you got that right @Daze it’s ongoing and getting more technical and sophisticated everyday

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.