What does your employment history look like?

I have so many f ING gaps everywhere.

And also my last three jobs I left cos of illness.

And also most of my jobs are one month long except for one.

It’s so bad.

I need to change this if I can from now on…

4 Likes

From 14 til 25 I was pretty much working all the time. Longest gap was like a month max.

I’ve been unemployed from full time work for the past 3 years because I had a relapse due to a large amount of stress by working 2 jobs, 7 days a week.

I dont think I’ll ever work full time again.

Part time, I’ve been doing courier food deliveries for about 2 years. I volunteer on the weekends.

3 Likes

I’ve been on a disability pension since 2004 but I’ve had a break from that to work in a major bookstore. I was a bit cagey about things because I wasn’t working so passed it off as working for my brother in law. He was an electrician who ran his own business so a great one to use as a referee.

It’s one of those things but sometimes it pays to be creative. I was in a relationship and didn’t have to work. I looked after a family member etc. I have often bent the truth but everyone does it.

3 Likes

16-19 I was a waitress
18-21 I was a color guard instructor
21-26 I managed group homes for adults with developmental disabilities

Then I got sick and stopped working.

3 Likes

Like a “Who’s who” of ashole co-workers and moron bosses.

4 Likes

My reference people don’t really have much to say about me. I wasn’t the best worker…

I really need to collect some good references.

2 Likes

2014-2016 I worked at a call center, 2016-2017 I worked at a department store, I got sick in late 2017 and went into hiding until early this year when I got a fast food job, which I quit in August. I can never seem to stay anywhere very long. I’m eager to work again; it’s a new goal of mine to stay at one job for more than a year, unless it really sucks, lol.

5 Likes

Yea I know wat u mean, I need to build up some loyalty with employment!!!

Gd luck antidepressant 044.

Hopefully we will both get there

2 Likes

I got my first job at 17. I’ve had about 25+ jobs since then. I’ve been successful at some of them, I’ve got fired from at least 10 of them. I had two jobs that I stayed at for 4 years, I had one job for three years, and I worked as a park ranger for two years.

I had one job I walked out after one day, lol.

Another job I was there for a couple of months and then I walked out at lunch without telling anyone and never went back. They made it official when they called me up to tell me I was fired. “Potatoes, patatoes.”

From age 17-19 I had about 13 different jobs, none lasting more than three months. I worked at a tobacco factory when I was 19, and then as a silk screener, those were kind of interesting.

I got sick at age 19 and didn’t work again until I was 23. Interestingly enough, my first job after an 8 month hospitalization and then an additional 9 months in a group home, I lasted four years. I was psychotic a lot of the time, sedated so heavily from prolixen I could hardly walk and my last year there I was addicted to crack.

I’ve worked at two gas stations, 7 different restaurants, 6 different department stores and two driving jobs.

I tried construction work for a week and I hated it. My late ex-brother-in-law got me the job because his twin brother was the boss. He did me a favor so when I realized I hated the job the only way to get out of it was lying to my boss and telling him I was afraid of heights so I could quit, lol.

Since 1983, the longest I’ve been unemployed was about a year once. The next longest was probably about 7 months once. And a few other times for 4 or 5 months.

I’ve been at my current janitor job for 5 years.

4 Likes

I respect your work grind @77nick77

3 Likes

Thanks. I wonder why I still work, until payday comes.

4 Likes

I havent worked since i was 19. Im 45 now. The only two jobs i had was working for the local council doing IT support (in the days of windows 3.1 and 386 pc’s) and care assisting. Theres not a chance i will work again. And im glad i dont work anyway - ive suffered enough with MI, and im doing my own thing now im in recovery.

4 Likes

Your health comes first mate.

3 Likes

17- 22 sex worker
24 6 month office admin traineeship ( I was stable & functioning)
26-28 sex worker

Haven’t worked since. I’m 47 now

3 Likes

Shitty.

Some side jobs during study, fancy internship, 9 month trip abroad, 3 years in a good job, 2 years ill while under contract (they are obligated to keep you 2 years), 5 years ill and just some volunteering, 1 year in a good job, will quit next month.

2 Likes

I worked as a cleaner at a hospital for 14 years. Had my first psychosis there when trying a receptionist job.
Felt like trying something new so quit and worked as a personal assistent for some months. But got a job offer in another city so moved there and worked for six months. But quit for several reasons.
Now I’m gonna study to assistant nurse in January next year.

2 Likes

Never worked . Nearest I got was a plan in 1979 to sent me to a industrial rehabilitation centre to see what I had an aptitude for .
My then pdoc said I was not well enough.
On hindsight going to an unfamiliar place far from home ,in itself would have been very stress provoking .

2 Likes

last 5 years has been college/volunteering/caring for mum and a member of the clubhouse to fill in the gaps, i have been employed a little bit as a cleaner but i’m hoping for something else

i’ve got an admin type role coming up soon thats up to 15 hrs or cafe work, i’m working up to it, if i dont enjoy it i guess its back to the drawing board.

2 Likes

21-25 corporate job, with one 5 month break due to psychosis.
25-32 disability

2 Likes

18-20 Coffe shop jobs.
20-27 Day Care work
27-36 Disability
In my twenties after college I just went from Day care job to daycare job because I could never control the kids and the workers picked on me.
At 27 I had my first break down. After my break down at 27 I tried about 8 different jobs, all of which lasted less than a month. Been on disability for 7 years now. Dont know what to do about working. If I should keep trying or just stay on disability.

1 Like