How long has it been since you have worked

For me, it has been like 10 years. The last job I had was cleaning churches. That was when I was involved in a non profit organization that is for the mentally ill. You live in a group home, and they automatically give you a job. but I quit, because I couldn’t handle working.

2 Likes

I Work 24/7.

Every Second. Of Every Minute. Of Every Hour. Of Every Day. Of Every Week. Of Every Month. Of Every Year.

Thank Yuu!.

Thank Yuu!.

I’ll Bee Here…,

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat (sleepoptimistic)

:peace_symbol: :black_heart: :peace_symbol:

About 6 years I think

well i worked about 6 or 7 years ago. actually last year i tried to go back to work, but the job was too physically demanding so i quit after 6 hours. other than that it would have been an easy job mentally. im looking to get back to work, something less physical, 30 hours a week. i do quite a bit of helping out dad around the house, and it’s work to maintain my place also.

I tried working in July but gave up after 3 weeks. The last time that I was full-time employed was in 2012. Right now my aim is to go back to the classroom build social slills and confidence to return to work in a couple of years.

I am working right now.

1 Like

I last worked about a year ago. I’m hunting for a job again now though.

1 Like

Three minutes, if you can call it working. This job is easy.

4 Likes

I quit accounting work end of March 2020.

The last (and only) job I had was a casual weekend one at a fabric shop. That was eight years ago. I quit because I lost motivation and interest in it and my depression was causing me to be absent several weekends. Also I got married so relied on my husband to support me (and still do). I don’t know what I’d do without him. I’d probably be destitute…

1 Like

I quit my last job in December 2007. Couldn’t handle it.

Last year I worked when I got off antipsychotics but I became psychotic and lost my job now I can’t work

1 Like

I’m afraid to write in here in case I get judged. By someone.

Why Do Yuu Feeel Dat W@Y @anon90843118?.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat (sleepoptimistic)

:black_heart: :snake: :black_heart:

Since 2010. A long time

Probably 14 years but I have been doing a half day a week for that time down the cricket club. My volunteering just took over the place of real work in my life. I’m not complaining. Disability is good for me as I can keep the stress low. I get to paranoid if stressed at work.

2 Likes

I am working now

I am working too

It’s been decades. The last full time job I had was in the army 1977-81. I delivered pizza for about 25-30 hours a week for about three years when I was in my early thirties. I always just wanted to duck the stress of a job. Also, the idea that if I just locked myself away in a solitary room for years great novels would pour forth from my pen kept me from working. I read that the psychiatrist of John Hinkley, the man who shot Ronald Reagan, told John’s parents to give him a hundred dollars and cut him loose to fend for himself. That might have worked for me right up until they put me on major tranquilizers. Now my body can’t handle any but the mildest weather, and I can’t work outside. Also, my back sometimes pains me badly.

1 Like