What does Love mean to you?

It seems to be quite a long list of answers like romantic love sibling love children love

But aside from that how do you describe love?

And how do I cultivate it?

Romantic love is nice if it’s real and healthy
Music love is good too or love of a hobby
To me it means something that makes you smile when you think about it.

1 Like

Google says an intense feeling of deep affection.

Or a great Interest or pleasure in something

Seems kind of straight forward

2 Likes

The same thing hunger means.

:butterfly:

1 Like

I think I love my dad and two of my siblings the most.

And I think I love art.

What about everyone else?

The reason for that is because my dad is nearly ALWAYS supportive of me.

And one of the siblings, easy to get on with.

And the other, idk why…

I loved all my siblings. I didn’t love my dad. I loved/hated my mom. I used to love my gf. No more. I still, and will always, love my son :blue_heart:.

5 Likes

I don’t think I love many people tbh. Under my Google definition.

Yea I like that, in terms of people, someone that makes you smile inside, you must love those kind of people.

1 Like

When I was a child I loved. But then I got corrupted it was hard to love for a long time.

The returning of innocence.

Seeing a power of the universe I like to think returned me to love the universe again which has eventually lead to a learning of a true loving for animals then people once again.

Becoming psychotic. Thinking I saw god. But struggling so much. Then thinking ive recovered has taught me to love.

We all got love inside but sometimes we’re blinded by life circumstances. Maybe it’s science. Maybe it’s spiritual. But love comes from liking stuff so if you never saw it again you’d miss it. And if you did see it again one day still you’d quickly become acquainted without much hesitation

1 Like

When you truly love someone or something you forget yourself entirely.
For instance Proust - a genius writer, or Tchaikovsky - a prodigious composer. They both felt unrequited love and it consumed them but they didn’t wallow in self pity. Instead they channeled all those feelings into art that millions enjoy today.

3 Likes

I’ve actually given this some thought before. It seems there are three kinds of love.

Luv - food, sex Etc

love - music, art, history, conversation, etc

Love - your partner, your parents, a good friend… And yes, your pet and faithful companion

Love is an emotional feeling towards a person such as a spouse, an object such as a childhood toy, an intangible object such as movie etc. The human brain releases endorphins when in a state of love just as how some women eat chocolate and feel the love. Even narcotics such as crystal meth, cocaine and NDMA produce the feeling of euphoria or love, The emotion of love directs the behaviour and motivation of humans and animals including birds as well. Animals feel the love from their owners when bonding.

It is loving oneself in a capacity to love another.

1 Like

Willing to put another before yourelf at times

1 Like

Yea that’s cool

1 Like

I look at it like anything that’s a feeling of endearment with being unconditional. Never-ending really.

1 Like

When my cat Charles gives me a trill every time I walk by him.

:heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

“This is love. This is pain disguised as a dream”

2 Likes

That old cliche that "there is a fine line between love and hate is particularly true of our relationship with ourselves.

1 Like

survival. Love is what keeps us here. If we lose love, we lose ourselves. The good thing is that Love doesn’t care if you’re mad/crazy/or not. Love is free…also, I am in love with dreaming but that’s another story.