What does Love mean to you?

How about landing somewhere in the middle? I like myself despite my shortcomings.

Real love is wanting the best for a person, even if it hurts you. It’s not jealous and immature.

1 Like

Love is the opposite of lust.

1 Like

Good reply! That is the best answer.

2 Likes

It must be pretty important, a lot of songs are written about it.

1 Like

Lovely love

1 Like

I just had a coffee, that is true love!

2 Likes

Yeah… True that

1 Like

To me, love is the purest, most spiritual, honest, intoxicating feeling money can buy.

3 Likes

I love money. Need to learn to save though. :confused:

1 Like

AFAIK, these are the eight types of love:

• Philia — Affectionate Love. Philia is love without romantic attraction and occurs between friends or family members.
  • Pragma — Enduring Love.
  • Storge — Familiar Love.
  • Eros — Romantic Love.
  • Ludus — Playful Love.
  • Mania — Obsessive Love.
  • Philautia — Self Love.
  • Agape — Selfless Love.

I have some philia, pragma and storge for my fam, very little eros, ludus here and there, zero mania, some philautia, and I can’t grasp agape. Everything I do has to have some self interest involved or I just can’t push.

2 Likes

I think selfless love does involve self interest because it makes one feel good I would assume.

1 Like

It is pushing towards altruism, like a perfect kind of completely selfless nature.

I need some vested interest in a thing before I contribute to it, otherwise what’s the point, it is like a drop in the ocean.

1 Like

Love is the reason this world won’t end…simple

1 Like

Yea that makes sense.

1 Like

Showing love is about doing the right thing by someone (or something?), as opposed to the easy thing.

1 Like

For me, love is a stable and deep love for my partner, pets and extended family (mum, dad, etc.). The love I feel for my parents is different for my partner, in that one is a sexual love and the other is not. Love for me is about trust. I trust the people I love. If I didn’t have their trust, I wouldn’t love them as much.

1 Like

Laugh out loud. 151515

2 Likes

Loving someone is being committed to doing what you can to make their life better. It includes taking care of yourself, doing small favors, listening to their problems, knowing your own limitations and enforcing boundaries, etc. It works best when that person is also committed to returning the love. It is easier to love someone when you feel affection for them, but affection comes and goes. The decision to love them needs to stay constant.

2 Likes

Love is kind, generous, persistent and enduring, and most of all, compassion beyond that which we are fully capable of feeling; yet we can feel that sliver of love bestowed upon us. Without going into religion, love is still much more than simply sensual romanticism. While yes, romantic love is truly a great love, it is not everything. Love, to me, which is the only kind of love I’ve ever felt, is the emotion of compassion and gentleness towards one another to the betterment of their self being.

1 Like