What Does Eternity Mean to You?. (Open Discussion)

So.

Thus Topic is Not Meant to Be a Spiritual, or Religious Discussion. More So, Trying to Understand The Center of Self, in The Past, Present, And Future. And to The Unknown. As to Where it Leads. Not in Any Real Sense of Fear. But!, More So, Trying to Understand The Essence of Time.

‘I Was Dead For Billions of Years Before I Was Born, Didn’t Suffer The Slightest Bit of Inconvenience From it’~ Mark Twain

That Quote Really Captured My Attention Some Years Back.

So. Here’s an Idea I Have Come Up With Today as I Was Eating Some Toast.

Eternity Surrounds You 24/7. And Your Decisions Decide Where You Want Your Personal Circuits of Energy to Be. In Which The Sphere Surrounding Your Being, (Eternity), Follows as You Make Your Choices. Each Moment in The Now. Becoming Your Future. As Your Shadow Becomes Your Past.

Hmm?.

Does That Make Sense to Anyone?.

And Thus Thread is Open to Anyone Willing to Make a Remark as to My Odd Definition. Or Their Own Thesis on That Topic, The Subject of Life And Death.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat (sleepoptimistic)
:latin_cross: :yin_yang: :latin_cross:

I wouldn’t want to live forever; I couldn’t afford the rent.

2 Likes

You Could Get an Easy, Fun, Nice Paying Job. Which, In Return, Would Help Pay The Entire Part of The Rent Necessary to Live Within The Sphere of Freedom. That is to Say, By The Time You Crossed Over From Purgatory’s Bliss into The Abyss of The Great Unknown, Work is Even a Requirement Upon The Duties it Takes to Breathe Oxygen (Or Whatever Air Might Actually Be), To Live Freely, And Among The Beauty of Purity. Although The Band Modest Mouse Likes to Say, ‘Some Sink And Some Lay’.

So if You Are Lucky Enough to Not Sink, into The Dark Abyss. Are You Laying Among The Clouds?.

N e Hoo. (Please Enjoy)

Here’s The Song That Modest Lyric Comes From:::~

Sincerely,

1 Like

(((Haiku)))

• I Shall Not Fail Now
  • The Earth Shall Hold My Heart Thou
  • The Times I Try Sour

Sincerely,

I don’t believe in death.

I think we are perpetually alive and conscious…questioning our surroundings.

So I believe life is eternal, I suppose.

1 Like

That’s Highly Interesting @anon39054230!.

Ok.

So According to You, There is No Crossing into a Next Level of Sorts.

We Are Already There?. Does That Mean, When We (As The Eternal Object), Pass Away. Our Energy Changes Shape And We Remain For Eternity?. As Long as The Universe Survives?.

Sincerely,

I don’t believe in time either…as we all know it.

It’s a man made phenomenon.

We are endless/ eternal with no finish line.

Hmm.

You Speak Truth @anon39054230, About Time. We Are Jus Ants Living on a Planet That Spins on an Axis. Man Created The Following of That Shadow to Keep Everyone on The Same Page. Or at Least Try to.

So.

With No Finish Line, What’s The Point?.

I Ask Kindly.

Sincerely,

I believe most everyone is born with a gift.

And ‘the point’ is to nurture/ work hard on that gift and to share that talent with the world…be it on a grand scale…or even a smaller scale…

Just like you are doing right now. :sunny:

1 Like

Gifts Eternal Perhaps?.

I Like The Way You State (What Could Be Truth), How We as Peaceful Creatures Are Blessed With, Perhaps a Gift, to Help Those Without a Voice Right Now. ‘Plant a Seed And Nature Grows’, Like Insane Clown Posse Said, in The Song, ‘Miracles’.

As You Say @anon39054230, On a Grande Scale or Perhaps Smaller Scale.

Every Action Counts I Believe. And Happily, or (Sadly), Karma Arrives on The Scene. Which Leads to The Question, (On Karma), is it Probability, or of a Truth Reality Function?.

Sincerely

1 Like

It’s all randomness in this life.

Good people die young…asshats win the lottery…etc.

But I still believe the good you do today, will come back to you in spades tomorrow. It’s probably a naive outlook, but being hopeful is a positive way to go about your business, I figure.

1 Like

It’s a Strange Realm to Witness I Agree.

Some of My Most Favorite Musical Artist’s Passed Away, Way to Quickly.

Kurt Cobain.
Layne Stayley.
Scott Weiland.
Chris Cornell.
Amy Winehouse.
Bradley Nowell.

& Many Other’s I Cannot Remember as of Now.

As These People, Among The Shadows on Thus Earth Lost And Somewhere Else Perhaps. Disappear. And On The Other End of The Spectrum. People That I’ve Witnessed On Thus Earth Who Couldn’t Care Less For People Like us. And Blur Themselves Within Glory Upon a Hill None of us Are Invited too.

Although, Truth Be Told, There’s a Good Reason Why Some of us Walk Away. And Would Kindly Reject The Invitation. To Live & Let Live of Course.

Only Slightly Confusing.

Sincerely,

Early deaths…

Kurt Cobain.
Layne Stayley.
Scott Weiland.
Chris Cornell.
Amy Winehouse.
Bradley Nowell.

When I was psychotic i wrote this down on paper…

Bad art can make you laugh
Good art can make you think
Great art can destroy you

It still rings true to this day!

Perhaps in a Way, Where The Sphere of Eternity Surrounding You. Waits to Reveal The Truth to One’s Internal/External Voice of Hope & Reason.

A Destruction Perhaps, of All The Negative One Carried Throughout Their Existence.

Wiping Away The Scribbles And Etchings of Confusion. Leaving The Beautiful Specimen, Not a Specimen Anymore. Clarity to The Truth of Reality. A Mirror That Holds Your Hand Perhaps. Guiding You to Eternal Colours of Forever. I Dunno, I’m Always Confused.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Eternity means to me a great relieve: Im not that important, neither is my suffering, i enjoy the spurs of happiness more knowing that’s the reason why im hanging on.

Never ending. If it weren’t meant to be taken literally, I can’t apologise because that is honestly all it means to me.

That quote from Mark Twain strikes home. The prospect of living forever scares me, but so does the prospect of death - of ceasing to exist. I can’t imagine not existing. One time I was put under anesthesia for a couple of hours, and it was just like I blinked. I didn’t have any sense of not being conscious for two hours. So I guess it is possible to not exist. That might not be bad.

Lil Peep
XXXtentacion

(even im to old for emo hip hop i listen to it, and miss the ones dead)

Brian Jones from Rolling Stones died to young too.

I think that maybe time may be subjective. I have experienced time slowing down, especially when I had a road traffic accident. And I can have a “long” dream in only a minute. I wonder therefore whether the last scene of the movie “American Beauty” in which the hero dies and then sees his life all at once, with no time, like spread out maybe, or on repeat (I have no idea) might be true.

Someone in a play I once watched threw a ball into the air and caught it saying, “At the top of the arc the ball is stationary. Maybe time is like that.” Time only needs to stop once for there to be an eternity. If I can see my life in that moment and I have lived a good life, it will be a good eternity. But if I haven’t then, it will be a bad one.

I don’t mind eternity. It’s been an eternity since I took my car in for an oil change. I can handle eternity but not for too long.