What do you think you'll get for christmas?

I got a massage already.

I am getting a toaster as my old one broke.

I got some money.

I got my paintings sent to me from Sweden to Australia.

I think that’s about it.

I don’t expect anything else.

Possibly something little from my brother and sister.

Last year my sister gave me washing detergent and my brother and his wife gave me Harry Potter complete series that I’m unable to read so was waste of money really but I won’t tell him that.
Just can’t read the books.

5 Likes

Probably some socks, a terrys chocolate orange, shirt, sweater, something neat :blush:

4 Likes

I got money , clothes and a new blanket my mom is taking me to dinner

3 Likes

I am hoping to get these from my mother

2 Likes

Anything Arizona State University would be nice.

2 Likes

small stuff. hoping my dad gives me a gift card and my mom gives me new socks, underwear, and clothes. That’s all I need. I want some new amazon crap like books.

3 Likes

@anon28145038, I just started a Russian sci fi novel titled Roadside Picnic. I think you would maybe like it.

3 Likes

are you an alum? did you attend classes on campus or online? i almost went to arizona state u. online, i was going to study nutrition. they have a lot of online degrees. this was years ago, i still get phone calls from them sometimes about enrolling. i’ve been to tempe too, walked around one time.

Yea. I got my degree from ASU in Tempe not online. It’s a good school you should have attended.

2 Likes

I told everyone that I want absolutely nothing for Christmas so, hopefully nothing.

1 Like

I was really Harvard or Yale material. Then I decided to drop out in ninth grade to join Army. If I could do it again I would have attended West Point. You know what they say about hindsight…

2 Likes

I used to live in Phoenix, AZ. One of my ex gf’s lived right next door to ASU. And she attended there too. I also worked a telemarketing job which was right near ASU too.

I’ve been on their very large campus one time.

One thing that always struck me about ASU in the 80’s and 90’s was the hordes of students on bicycles on campus and in the streets. It was really a sight to see.

1 Like

It was the #1 party school for years. I never attended a party. :alien:

1 Like

I think it might be the largest school by student pop. Yes huge campus and lots of people.

That’s part of the reason they freaked out when I led anti Syria war protests. They figured 1 asu student would multiply. A guy ran up to our protest asking if there was any ASU students. The look of sheer horror when I said I was - priceless. Then he tried to invite me to a 9/11 conspiracy theory group. I assume to discredit if things got out of hand.:rofl::expressionless:

1 Like

I think the anti war protests were what did me in not necessarily the Occupy protest. Little did they know I wasn’t necessarily an ideologue. I’m more moldable than potters clay.

1 Like

Oh maybe just getting some t-shirts. Maybe some cash from my dad. That’s about it. Really don’t need anything.

1 Like

I got the two best gifts from my daughters. :grin:

1 Like

I’m not so fixated on stuff this year. Honestly, if it’s not something I can use, I don’t want to keep it around these days. Two moves in two years is a great way to unlearn materialistic habits. The things I bought for the family were mainly items we’ll get some utility out of, like strainers for taking grounds out of iced coffee or a new kettle with auto-shutoff (I keep trying to burn down the house with my 15 year old one).

For those who have the means, it’s not too late to make a difference for someone else. There are still charities delivering toys and food tomorrow. Reach out and see if you can help them make a difference for a person or family who isn’t expecting much this year.

3 Likes

I asked for a fitbit watch that was on sale at Kohls. My Samsung activity tracker is not so good and doesn’t keep a charge longer than a day, plus I think its broken. It rattles whenever I move my wrist. I also asked for some heavy grip hand grippers. Im using a 90 lbs. Hand gripper at the moment and asked for a set of 100, 150, and 200 lbs hand grippers. Going to have to work my way up to that of course. :smiley:

I try not to ask for too much these days. My parents will get me whatever I ask for within reason, but Im supported by them year round, and Im trying to do more for them. Ive been doing a lot of the cooking which has been a saving grace for mum. Air fryers are awesome btw, I strongly recommend them.

I took the little bit I had and possibly over did the Christmas giving though. Got my niece and nephew hooked up on some nice toys, a couple of gift cards for my sister, her hubby, and my Grandma, games for my sister, headphones for mum, and a model rocket for me dad.

2 Likes

Fitbit is good! Hope it’s in your goodies sack tomorrow. Really like their product and it works well…except for it’s wrist bands. Really crappy when they age and you need to look after them but still. Cheap replacements are available and it’s a very good product.

2 Likes