What do you think about 'Diazepam'

They gave me once at the hospital and I felt terrible on the next day. Is it dangerous drug?

It’s probably not related to you feeling bad the next day. Just my opinion. It’s just a chill pill.

2 Likes

It’s my favorite benzo and it’s rarely given anymore because the potential for addiction is high.
I had a script for Valium and I abused the ■■■■ out of them. But I’m in recovery

Always found it helpful. I’d like to go back on it if I can

I take 3 x 5mg per day cant function without it. Have been on it for years realy helps with my anxiety.

I like it, but it’s very addictive. Best not to use unless you have no better alternative.

1 Like

I had a bad experience with diazepam years ago, I had to stop taking it.

1 Like

I think it is highly addictive. I wouldn’t take it.

Valium, that little blue pill, I can’t stand that stuff, it makes me worse. Sadly.

asked my doc for it, he didn’t write the script, asked for ativan and he said okay. go figure

From the web

Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination. Combining with other substances, particularly alcohol, can slow breathing and possibly lead to death.

Doesn’t sound too good. Never tried it. I take Xanax though.

Web says the same thing for Xanax. Funny. It cured my paranoia.

My wife takes 3 Xanax a day and drinks like a fish.

I tried it for social anxiety but was no use to me because I got so zoned out that I couldn’t join in conversations at all.

Isn’t Diazepam an old medication?! I think there must be more recent medications that are better.

Any psychiatrist or doctor should be careful with old medication that are highly addictive. The doctors make me take Clonazepam for 12 years and now I know that I will take it for the rest of my life only because I’m totally addicted to it and not because I need it at all. Clonazepam doesn’t even have any effect on me anymore, it’s just that my brain is so much used to it that it needs its daily dose.

Once you’re an addict to a pill, it’s sometimes almost impossible to stop taking it.

1 Like