What do you do to get out of a bad mood?

I often resort to sleep myself. It tends to be a good reset for me and is quite helpful in improving my mood. Not sure it’s the healthiest of responses, but it works.

Someone suggested to me going for a walk might also help your mood.

What do you do to improve your mood?

9 Likes

I have a google doc titled “mean thoughts.” In it, i write about whatever has me in a bad mood. Afterward, I’m usually more calm, and then i can read back over those thoughts and translate them into actual identifiable problems and solutions.

4 Likes

play with my dogs

try hot or cold shower or baths

try something on tv or radio and ignore all the elements around me

sleep also helps me

2 Likes

I like to give my boyfriend massages. I also like to walk at night.

1 Like

Never hurts to rub out that easy one of the day

2 Likes

Yea I rub one out too.

2 Likes

I do a Word Seek puzzle that is good distraction and just enough excitement. It causes me to concentrate enough to get my mind going again.

3 Likes

When I don’t know how to be around someone, I found that by wishing them well, it helps to get me out that disconnection. Purely having that thought as opposed to mixed intentions.

2 Likes

I resort to sleep/nap also, @Bowens , it also works sonmetimes as an anxiety reset.

2 Likes

A sleep a walk a ride a snack a wank a pop some candy some coffee anything to shake up the brain lol

Usually it doesnt do much if its a depressive episode tho it just has to do its time and move on

1 Like

I’ve been busy all day and it’s bedtime. I hate to wonder what I’ve been covering up. There’s monsters down there!

2 Likes

Theres a saying from hippocrates the great ancient doctor.

Its like: if youre in a bad mood, go for a walk. If youre still in a bad mood go for another.

Aparently walking is the best medicine

1 Like

I usually sleep as well. Or play videogames. Today I did both. Another thing I do is talk to someone. Be it in group, case manager or family.

1 Like

My ways to get out of a bad mood are three: 1) talk with my youngest sister, 2) take a walk in the park , 3) sleep.

2 Likes

I do guided imagery if I can’t calm that down. It really helps

2 Likes

Yesterday i Did positivity meditation. It helped.

2 Likes

Journal
Listen to music
Walk
Talk to my budgie or watch my goldfish swim

3 Likes

Thinking affect feeling and feeling affect behaviour.its the fundamental info for cbt.i m new on cbt and i can only advice study cbt.its look like serious theraphy.at least it worked for exercising.i m completely reset my whole life😄

2 Likes

That is a good question.

When I’m alone, I just try to distract myself. Music and crocheting. Music and cleaning up the house. Taking doggo for a walk. Browsing this forum. Looking at memes, trying to find funny things to boost my mood. Coffee. Or the opposite, chamomile lavender tea.

5 Likes

I say to myself, how would they feel if it was them? doesn’t really help though,

Going out, cup of tea and a diazepam is all i can think of, sometimes you just got to go through the motions though, sometimes is harder than others and i’m a pretty sensitive guy.

2 Likes