What do you.do.for.work?

So I have schizoaffective . I just finally stopped.hearimg.the voices. Now I’m.wonderimg does anyone work? I tried going to work yesterday but my medication made me fall asleep. So.what type of jobs do you guys do? Also wondering how much does Ontario disability.give you to live off each month?.

3 Likes

You stopped hearing voices?? That’s great!

What meds are you on?

1 Like

Fake it.

mnbvcxz

Senior commercial insurance broker. Work from home. I’ll have been with the company for five years come this January.

3 Likes

I don’t work right now but I want to work as a programmer for a little while. I’m starting school soon. I don’t get very tired on latuda.

2 Likes

Good on you for this, I hope it goes well!

I am a self employed landscaper

2 Likes

Just resting as my family is quite well off over here at least. In other words, cannot be employed.

I’m an analyst, whatever that means. I extract meaningful data from the tangled mess of sloppy numbers created by normies. Then I make it look pretty. I also provide first line tech support and training for a computer system, whilst managing the developers to improve it. And I support the procurement process, delivering presentations and breaking up fights. I’m training to be a mental health first aider soon.

4 Likes

Im a RN. I currently dont have a job since monday when i quit ,I’m waiting for my hospital to hire

3 Likes

Translator/interpreter. I just had my first interpretation this week!

It was a volunteer opportunity because I’m a fledgling interpreter with 0 hands-on experience. I wouldn’t make someone pay for an inexperienced interpreter.

I’ve had a bunch of different jobs. Just try some and see what works for you

1 Like

My job is getting paid.

2 Likes

Seriously I had lots of jobs but since I am on Risperdal 6mg I can’t work. Some jobs were really well paid like 30$/h as a starting wage.

2 Likes

I’m a librarian. I work low hours, though. Waiting to hear on a second job.

2 Likes

This is not how it’s done anymore. Now you apply online. So don’t call people stupid

3 Likes

I’m sure everyone is looking forward to receiving employment advice from the car dwelling ex-jailbird.

My official job is as a part time delivery driver. It’s my first real job since 2003. I only work part time and have been with the company for 4 months. i found my job on indeed,com

My unofficial job is as a computer technician (I have my certifications). Over the last number of years I have had some local businesses and residents that call me to help with their computer problems. I’ve done some websites too. I make a little extra money that way. I’m not officially employed by any of these businesses and I don’t own my own business, just freelance work.

4 Likes

It’s different for everyone, I think it depends on your living expenses, do you need a special diet, etc… Probably in the range of $700-$1100

If you are going to work you have to report your income to your case worker at the end of every month. You are allowed to make $200/month no questions asked. After that they reduce your monthly benefits by half of what you make.

So for example. If you make $500/,month working. The first $200 is yours, but the other $300 dollars, they would deduct half that amount from your next benefit check. So they would deduct $150 dollars from your next benefit check. (But obviously you get to keep the $500 you made working)

1 Like

I do order processing and invoicing for a company that handles card terminals for businesses

2 Likes