What did you do for your recovery today?

I think just getting out of the house today was a big help for me. I needed some space. And I talked to the people I live with. People aren’t that bad. Maybe in sixth months I will be singing a different tune and in six months things might get complicated. But in the here and now, things are OK. Spread the wealth folks. If you’re nice to people, than 9 times out of 10 you will be treated the same way. If you can’t be nice, than at least be civil and polite and don’t insult people.
The world is a tough place.
A little kindness goes a long way. Am I right @darksith?

4 Likes

I found a small opening out of the cat and mouse game for awhile this afternoon. Opened the window + let the fresh air in. Just happened.

2 Likes

Went to the gym for the first time in a while. Was a challenge for sure

3 Likes

Know what you mean. Just breath, make it a regular appointment to catch time away, will not regret it later.

I’m trying to move to new place I’m buying in town of 100. I don’t know anyone and spot next door kind of creeps me a bit like it’s a parking lot (holds cars for some of the area abusers and a resident drives these to stalk new schizos when they are out or abuser takes off in cars stored there). Neighbor guy did say hello by thought broadcasting (yelled what I was thinking, just my silent observation as I looked around) as I viewed the house but he stayed hidden. I’m taking in sex offender friend when he is done with long sentence, know what you mean about complicated and unpleasant but is best guy I know so will tough it.

Was nice today, will have nice weather for 10 more days. Time to start the diet again.

Was lovely to go walking and did not have any thought broadcasting this time. Honestly, do not like being in new build neighborhood as the people are mouthier than poorer in existing housing.

I’m not moving very far/fast yet but 20 minutes is a start.

My husband and I drove a few miles up the highway to a beautiful lookout spot. This was yesterday now. No one else was there. It was so clear that we could see all the way to the ocean. There was a breeze, so I closed my eyes and let the wind blowing through the trees be my focus. For 3-4 minutes I felt completely at peace and happy.

5 Likes

We have new neighbours that are noisy and uncouth. I managed to be polite to the wife. They all smoke on their deck and the cig smoke comes in our windows and makes us feel like barfing.

I spent the afternoon steam cleaning vehicles to make Mrs. Pixel happy and working on the PowerPoint decks for some courses I’m teaching in a couple of weeks. Meant to exercise, but didn’t.

Pixel.

I ate a good breakfast and studied. Boring life but it’s the one I got :smile:

3 Likes

I got up a little before 6:00. Is that good or bad?

I went to the gym finally

3 Likes

I would say thats bad. I got up at 3am ish

biking… only smoked a few time since friday…

2 Likes

Mostly a bum so far today. But I read my inspirational book when I woke up at the wee hours of the afternoon

1 Like

i looked at the beauty of :deciduous_tree: nature
:bird: :sunflower:
take care :alien:

1 Like

I had a ten minute discussion with myself about whether or not I was going to take my medicine today or throw it in the bin. I took it.

2 Likes

I haven’t done much today to for my recovery besides taking my pills.

1 Like

I really enjoy playing Scrabble with my 11 year old twin girls. They really surprise the heck out of me with their vocabulary. I think they’re miles ahead of where I was at their age. And that’s a good thing.

3 Likes

Is that good or bad? I still haven’t decided about 6 AM. It’s now 3 PM.

Ha, If I played scrabble with you and your girls you would have some real competition here. I’m no slouch at backgammon either

1 Like

Wouldn’t say its bad. Woops.

Does making cheeseburgers count?

Played with my cat.

Chatted with my girl.

Listened to NPR in the car.

I don’t know, probably stayed up all night to flip my sleep cycle back to something normal.