What are you good at?

I see lots of people downing themselves here. Let’s hear what everyone good at. I’m good at school, work, and drawing!

1 Like

I’m good at languages, I can draw and write well, and I’ve been told I’m good at caring for others.

4 Likes

Writing, photography, podcasting, and fiddling with tech.

2 Likes

I’m not necessarily good at anything. However, I can do a lot of things that others cannot.

1 Like

Jack of all trades, master at none, here

3 Likes

Writing, drawing pencil art, designing, naval history,
Gaming, house work, listening, caring for others,
Dog walking, being all ninja like, nercomany
Sure mom and dad would add a ton more things.

1 Like

languages, writing poetry, playing music, analysing philosophy. I used to…

2 Likes

I’m not really good at anything.

1 Like

I am a good lower grade opening batsman. Even with fading eyesight and reflexes. I take on your best bowlers when the ball is young. I’m proud of that. I compete with normals playing cricket so that is a good thing!

1 Like

same here
maybe i had talent for writing before but its all gone now
im not capable to read and learn anymore so expertise in anything is beyond my capabilities
i still have wishes though and im fighting for ability to read and learn

1 Like

I often feel I’m good at chatting a lot of crap :see_no_evil: hey, I used to hate being weird but I’m starting to embrace it.

3 Likes

I’m a janitor and I can vacuum the hell out of any size carpet.

8 Likes

I’m good at music

3 Likes

@Bittercat, I wasn’t necessarily putting myself down, I think I was just being constructively self-critical. I know all about abusive self-criticism and went through years of it myself. Here’s an article to prove that’s what I was doing with my last thread post:
https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/four_ways_to_constructively_criticize_yourself

2 Likes

I actually haven’t been on in a while so I didn’t see your last thread. This was not aimed at you. Is there anything you’re good at?

1 Like

Mostly music, listening and also being a pretty good singer and guitar player! I was quite the sports nut as a kid, but once I got into organized sports (ice hockey, ball hockey, roller hockey and baseball) I realized I wasn’t all that good. I hardly watch sports on TV anymore, either, as my interest waned.

2 Likes

I’m good at drawing, coloring, and painting. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m also a talented artist. I’m a great writer (when the anhedonia lets up and I can actually write), I’m a great cat mommy, and I think I’m a fun person to be around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I’m a caring person, other than that I can’t think of anything special.

4 Likes

Sometimes that can be enough, @tera!

3 Likes