Answer-

• there is no answer
  • its complicated
  • something
  • nothing
  • other

0 voters

3 Likes

Some would have you believe the pursuit of happiness is the highest calling, but if an individual prioritizes that above all, he quickly follows a self destructive, ruinous path.

I haven’t figured out a more meaningful path than helping others for the dopamine hit though. Still a “pursuit of happiness” thing, but instead of relying on drugs for that hit, I rely on interactions.

I have religious and secular beliefs to guide me socially.

My “best life” is one in which my work and leisure help the maximum amount of people realistically possible.

4 Likes

I used to have a mentor that was a professor at stanford tell me repeatedly to do whatever I want. That’s exactly what I do. (though I don’t do drugs any more that is my no-no)

2 Likes

Heal the pain and move on.

4 Likes

i cant really answer this, it is a hard question,

being good to each other and spreading the love is a good start i’d say

1 Like

I think love goes above all else, then moderate indulgence, then peace and happiness - do what makes you happy just don’t go crazy with it

1 Like

Everything is subjective. Do what makes you happy.

3 Likes

You’re an adult; it’s up to you.

I often say that we may have schizophrenia but we still have choices. It’s a big world and we are free to explore and take our time to find what we are good at and to find what we are intrested in.

You always seem to be doing productive things and exploring your interests so stick with what you are doing because it’s working.

As schizophrenics we have unique obstacles in life but if you could somehow make a list of the interesting things people on this site do it would be a helluva a long list.

1 Like

Schizophrenics represent 1% of the general population. The mind of a schizophrenic is abnormal compared to a sane person. The lives of a schizophrenic varies from both ends of the healthy and unhealthy spectrum. There are habits, tendencies, behaviors that are consistent among schizophrenics whereas others are not so apparent.

For the ambitious:

We must each answer this question for ourselves. Our answers should be as different as our DNA.

1 Like

Whatever you like

2 Likes

We are giving back to the world right now on this forum

1 Like

I’m suppose to be happy.

2 Likes

My purpose for life is raising my kids. They are all that matter.

2 Likes

My purpose in life is just to be able to live a normal simple life, live it well, but live it simple, and happy

2 Likes

I don’t work and it’s devine. I am my own master. I don’t harm any people in my adventures. I try to leave positive interactions with most I do…( yes some people here still piss me off…) but I’m forever learning and growing.

You do something even if it’s nothing. For me doing nothing can be a great thing. I’m centered and doing ok. I don’t need money or things to make me happy. I appreciate what I can do with money but if I was rich or poor I’d still be living the exact same way I’m living now and have done for the last 20 years.

Live as large as your able is my motto.

1 Like

You are so wrong.

1 Like

I can no longer work, does this mean I’m worthless?
I don’t think so.

2 Likes

We should all work on extending the average life expectancy of our respective countries.

1 Like