What are the signs you are unlikely to relapse on discontinuation of your medication?

Well I may have one or two protective factors. I just would prefer to be more positive about the exercise really.

1 Like

Well best of luck to you. It’s good you’re doing it with supervision. I’m just presenting the most likely scenario.

I have successfully gone off APs before (and am off right now) but I was functional before ever going on them. I went on them initially to avoid being further traumatized by psychosis and improve life quality rather than because I needed them to function in society.

Well I was functional in the sense that I got a Masters Degree at Uni. I did have a prodromal period where I was depressed and anxious but I don’t really tie that to psychosis. So i wasn’t like a drop out or anything…

1 Like

That’s good. Yeah I wasn’t fully functional, and I can’t call myself fully functional now…can’t really take care of myself so I’m living at home…but I can put in the amount of effort to pass my classes and go to work every day which is decent.

I also hate antipsychotics, have had terrible experiences on pretty much all of them so I can totally understand wanting to trial to see if you can go off them again, it can just be risky. It also helps if you know under what situations your psychosis is likely to flare up again. When I know I’m going to hit those situations I temporarily go back on them, like how I went on this summer and then got off again once summer was over since every major episode I’ve had has been during the summer.

This is not a fact, not everyone relapse

I don’t think I could ever get off my meds. I’ve gone years without meds before and I was in a dangerous state then. I just got on meds about 3 months ago, so we’ll see.