What about Abilify?

I’m starting to get paranoid again; I think family members want to kill me, and I feel like I’m being watched. I’m on Latuda and Clozaril, and Latuda was recently increased from 60mg to 80mg, and now my symptoms are starting up again.
It seems like I get a breakthrough of symptoms every 1-3 months.
Now, I see my doctor this week, and I really don’t want an increase in Latuda; my doctor has suggested Abilify for me, but I’m afraid of gaining weight. All together, APs are the cause of about 80lbs of weight gain (so you can see why I’m salty). I was wondering what are you experiences with Abilify?
Another medication suggested was Risperdal, but if I lose my period I know I’ll start to think again I’m the next virgin Mary :sweat_smile:
So no Risperdal.

Abilify has worked well for me, but like normies I have to work at keeping the weight off, but way better than when I was on Risperdal

2 Likes

I am on abilify for a week now and had no side effects. Since I quit risperidone I got my sperm back. Now I can ejaculate.

4 Likes

For me, the times I’ve been on it I’ve only ever stayed the same weight or lost weight (without any effort on my part)

Abilify is not very likely to cause weight gain, and most people who try to do not gain weight, I didn’t. Idk why you’d be on Abilify and clozaril at the same time bc Abilify is technically gonna work against clozaril since it’s a partial agonist for dopamine and clozaril is a full antagonist but sometimes doctors do stuff like that so idk.

I’m feeling you on the weight gain worries though I’ve gained 5 lbs in just 2 weeks of fanapt. I can’t be on a med if I’m going to be gaining 10 lbs monthly on it. Risperidone already messed me up.

I’m still new to it. Feeling like my brother in law is trying to kill me.

Abilify is worth a shot.

Can give you akithisia early but you should come out of that.

It’s weight neutral supposedly so you still need to do the right things to lose weight. There’s no golden answer there yet!

Give it a go! Alls you can ever do with psych meds but if your stable …that becomes a gamble!

Latuda isn’t supposed to be a weight-gainer, but I gained on it :frowning:
So I don’t trust these meds anymore.

Yeah it really depends on the person