Weird dinner combo

I had carrot sticks dipped in homemade blue cheese dressing, which by the way, the dressing was excellent, way better than store bought. I had a ground turkey burger, milk, strawberry yogurt and four sausages. I just threw it together, it was the easiest dinner to make.
Anyone else have a weird dinner combo tonight?

4 Likes

crazy diamond style meal :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Not tonight. I had a peice of beef roast, potatoes and gravy , carrots and some peas tonight.

But my standard filler is Sliced tomatoes and baby carrots, which is a bit odd. Pretty easy on the old diabetes when you need to fill your stomach.

Most people would think to just have a salad, but I am not a big fan of lettuce with no dressing, and most the decent dressings spike blood sugar like crazy.

2 Likes

You can do a search for “Salad dressing for diabetics recipes” and find many diabetic friendly recipes.

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks. I have tried several store bought and they usually taste like trash. Some were so bad it was better just as plain lettuce. There is probably something out there that would taste decent, but really, I’m ok with baby carrots and tomatoes.

2 Likes

Dijon vinagrette is very easy to make. It’s essentially oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, salt/pepper, and shallots or garlic.

Here’s a pretty typical recipe.

2 Likes

Thanks. I see you guys are going to force me to work for a decent tasting salad dressing :stuck_out_tongue: . so I guess I will bookmark this thread for a later date… :smiley:

3 Likes

Or you can keep eating your lettuce plain.

3 Likes

There was a point when I was psychotic when I wouldnt eat meat. I remember buying these plant based 'burger patties" a couple times. I think they were called 'Hillary’s" something or other. Totally smelled and tasted like fresh lawn/grass clippings.

Seriously.

1 Like
2 Likes