Weightloss

What diet pills out there wont interfere with my current meds I take which are Abilify15mg and Lexapro20mg?I have gained and am in the obese category and would like to shed a lot of weight so I feel better and are healthier overall.

I believe that the diet pill that will help you lose weight and KEEP OFF that weight is the holy grail of the diet business. I’ve never heard of a pill that will work alone for successful long term weight loss. A diet is for life. That’s why most pills and fad diets don’t last. Because they are made to help you lose that extra weight initially but don’t work long term. Most people gain it back and more. A healthy diet is reasonable portions that include protein, vegetables, and “good” carbs. I’m far from being an expert but this is what I have gleaned from doing a little reading through the years.

1 Like

the only “pill” i know of that will make you lose weight is illegal anyway and will probably make you psychotic. stop looking for a quick fix and change your lifestyle. you don’t have to eat less if you eat the right foods. snack on carrot sticks and hummus, celery and lowfat cream cheese. instead of bad fats like pizza dough, cakes, biscuits. donuts etc eat good fats like avocado, salmon, nuts etc. you can find out all you need to know about bad fats and good fats on the internet. eat more fruit and veg, move more and don;t kid yourself about how much you eat and the crap you eat. keep a food iary for two weeks and write diwn everything that you eat and i mean everything even if it;s just a slice of ham. it adds up and you’ll be amazed how unhealthy your diet really is and it must be unhealthy for you to become obese. i know this because i did the same on seroquel and got up to nearly 14 stone by eating lots of crap food. had i stuck to the carrot sticks and fruit every time i got a craving and had healthy meals weight wouldn’t have been a problem at all. most of all don’t kid yourself about losing it in weeks. eating a healthy diet will make the weight come off slowly and surely but you have to stick to it. a healthy loss is two pounds a week, you may initally lose up to five pounds by replacing what you eat wth fruit or carrot sticks every time you feel a craving but it will slow down. so do it right. ditch the crap and embrace the lean meat, fruit and veg. good luck x

Psych meds are never usually good for weight loss, but Abilify for many people is weight neutral, it was for me.
The Lexapro is probably the culprit for adding some pounds, but do not let this discourage you, taking meds is important.
I would watch the amount of bad carbs taking in - try to change your eating habits and try to stay active for at least 20 minutes a day, even if it is keeping busy around the house - Good luck you can do this!

If you either are able to walk someplace or walk in a pool as well as swim laps, know you will lose weight if done an hour each day.

Someone online walked 1 hour every Mon thru Fri and 3 hours every Sat and Sun and dropped all of his weight.

Well, along with a healthy diet and exercise there is Topomax, Contrave, Belviq, and Orlistat all of which you need a script for. I’m currently taking 50mg of Topomax, while I haven’t lost any weight, I haven’t gained any either. So I consider it a win. I’m just now starting to exercise so hopefully I’ll start to shed some weight.

There is no safe quick fix
U need to work

Everything in moderation…
I don’t cut out any particular foods, but I don’t eat all I want of it either.
Nothing makes a treat more desireable than to make it taboo.
Exercise allows you more calories, and if you overeat one day, just cut back the next day.

1 Like

I will do all as you advice or at least try to get my butt in Gear and start exercising more and maybe just maybe I will lose weight and keep it off for the long term oh by the way I am on a lower dose of Abilify5 and 10 Lexapro from 20 My Dr. said the side effects are less when you are on a lower dose so we shall see if that’s true or not I believe it to be I have lost a few pounds since cutting the dose down this is the lowest dose I can be on my Dr. said he would not go any lower this is where I need to be before on a higher dose I was tired all the time now I have a little more energy I can get out and walk and not feel like I want to stay in bed all day like before I was sleeping 10 to 15 hours now it is down 10 to 12 hours a night I drank a little bit of a wine cooler tonight and it is making me want to stay awake and I thought it would help me sleep it does the opposite probably not a good idea to mix alcohol with my meds but I didn’t take it with my meds I took it before I took my meds.It is now 12:30am and I feel like I am buzzed