Weight not coming off even after cutting carbs

So initially i was rapidly losing 1 kg every 4 or so days after cutting sugar and carbs. But now the weight has been stuck at 92.7 for around a week and it wont go down.

Can antipsychotic(clozapine) stop you from losing weight even if u dont eat carbs/sugar ?

what should i do ?

My weight is not coming off after my mom made a million christmas cookies

1 Like

What meds you on?

Clozapine and modafinil

clinic, try moving around more, exercising as you are able etc. that helps a whole lot. good luck.

judy

1 Like

92.7 what? It might just be that your closer to goal so with less to lose it will always come of slower.

1 Like

AP’s more than likely affect our metabolism. One time I was on Zyprexa, and I gained 60 lbs. in 120 days. That’s a half a pound a day - a calorie excess of 1750 calories a day. I know I couldn’t have been getting that kind of calorie intake at the mental hospital where I was staying. The med’s had to play a role in slowing my metabolism.

Yeah clozaril is a bitch. I gained 50lbs in 5-6 months. When I stopped taking it I rapidly lost 30lbs. But only stop meds or switch with your pdoc.

Losing 2.2 lbs every four days is better than half a pound a day. That would be a calorie deficit of 1725 calories a day - a hard feat to pull off. It might have to do with your fluid intake and your electrolyte balance. Could be you reduced the sodium in your diet and that allowed you to shed some water weight.

92.7 kg. No I’m not closer to my goal. I’m overweight by 20kg. I used to weigh 70kg.

Antipsychotics, some of them, just make you gain weight despite eating normally and being moderately active. Special diets and exercise programs can help.

I once was on Zyprexa, which is like clozapine (clorazil) but it is a knock off of it. I was exercising and dieting, I was really into bodybuilding, and I still gained a little belly fat after a month of Zyprexa.

Zyprexa is known to cause both diabetes and obesity when taken long term. My doc had me on it to contain an acute episode and then took me off it, he said he doesn’t want patients on it for long.

Maybe try asking about medications other than Zyprexa. Zyprexa often makes people not realize when they are full or hungry, actually I think that might be a mandatory side effect. I had it.

Just researched on this and found out that alternating between high and low calorie days help with slow metabolism. Alternating between 2000-calorie days and 1200-calorie days helps with weight loss plateaus.

1 Like

Had it in the beginning but it went away.

It’s a lot healthier to lose weight slowly. About 2-2 1/2 lbs a week is about right. Plateaus are common in weight loss. I lost 70 lbs on Resperidone. You shouldn’t cut out carbs completely, it’s not healthy and other foods besides foods with carbs will slow down weight loss. Do you think it’s possible that all the weight you initially lost was water weight?