Weight gain correlates with greater symptom improvements for antipsychotic treatment

1 Like

I believe it. Clozapine made me hella stable

I’d rather be on a more weight neutral abilify though and maintain a lil insanity to go with it.

I think sometimes how you feel is most important. And I’m comfortable on abilify. Even if it’s not as effective in combating delusions as zyprexa, clozapine or other weight gaining drugs were

If they ever bothered me too much I’d consider a weight gain. But for now abilify Is the one :point_up:

2 Likes

That’s terrible news! The fatter you get the better the symptom reduction! Pity about the shortening of life with metabolic diseases… :wink:

1 Like

Before onset I was on a strict high proteins diet and used to work out. After I had my psychotic break I started eating normally again. I do think that the diet affected my mood. I’m back on carbs, gained weight, but feel better.

1 Like

Good read! Thank you for posting! @everhopeful

1 Like

Maybe as an overall trend but I think I am an outlier. When I was first diagnosed I was put on 40mg of Olanzapine for about 15 years and gained 80lbs,developed diabetes and my physical health took a major hit…cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, etc… I switched to Lurasidone 2 years ago, lost all that weight and am more stable now than I ever was on olanzapine. I even have a part time job now.

1 Like

I haven’t really been stable since leaving risperdone

Abilify is a little nuts. But it’s cheap and it keeps me medicated. Everybody wins

1 Like

Might be due to estrogen. Fat cells tend to produce estrogen and estrogen helps females with Sz be less symptomatic.

1 Like

I noticed my positives got worse when i lost 15kg on invega depot. When i was fat it was alright

1 Like