A 52-Week Study of Olanzapine with a Randomized Behavioral Weight Counseling Intervention in Adolescents with Schizophrenia

ANother study showing that its really hard to avoid high rates of weight gain on Olanzapine, no matter what the support.

CONCLUSIONS:

Long-term weight gain was high in both groups, with no statistically significant differences between the standard or intense behavioral weight interventions in BMI or weight. Safety, tolerability, and effectiveness findings were generally consistent with the known profile of olanzapine in adolescents.

Source:

Every AP I’ve been on has made me gain weight.

Which one resulted in the least amount of weight gain for you?

I’ve tried Respiridone, Latuda (briefly), and Abilify…

I’ve found Abilify has the least amount of weight gain. Although I wasn’t on Latuda long enough to get a proper measure.

I take a bcomplex with abilify and that curbs abilify induced hunger pangs. I’ve also been seeing a dietician for the last year, and I lost 20kg=44 pounds .

This is the bcomplex I use

http://eu.m.iherb.com/Sundown-Naturals/Vitamin-B-Complex

Start taking the bcomplex and see what happens.

A word of caution though, I take a bcomplex with just 100% rda of vitamins. I’ve found that high powered bcomplexes (like 1000% rda) interact with abilify in a bad way.

2 Likes

I got 14 kilo on paliperidone.i m trying to give some weight.

1 Like

I gained 15 kg just on 5mg Olanazapine…!!!

Clozapine made me put on a lot of weight.

I lost weight on 12.5mg Olanzapine eating low-ish carb - it’s possible. If I eat whatever I want, I definitely gain weight quickly.

Tell me about it, i take zyprexa.

Tried many diets, little effect.

Gym, 3 days a week, still 40 pounds overweight.

Still, when I see a gp, I’m told ‘you’ve let yourself go,’ or asked ‘do you eat many pies?’

Makes me angry, the ignorant fools.

If i ‘let myself go’ or ‘ate pies’ then I would be 100 pounds heavier than i am.