Walking 3 miles a day. seems to do the trick

since I’ve got my new treadmill I have been walking 3 miles a day. what I do is I walk a mile at 3mph, or a 20 minute mile, then I run a mile at 5mph. so 12 minute mile. then I hop off the treadmill and cool down.

later in the day, usually in the evenings, I will get back on the treadmill for a 20 minute walk or 1 mile at 3mph.

it’s working great, I lost 10 pounds. down to 155. most of my face fat is gone, and im losing my beer belly. and I don’t even start my weight lifting back up until march. I think walking a few miles a day was the missing piece to keep my weight under control.

now unlike before in my life, I live in the country and can’t walk anywhere so this new treadmill is great.

4 Likes

I walked just 0.38 miles and it made me feel more upbeat. Placebo? Just going to use my treadmill for mood improvement. I live in a good neighborhood but the police rarely patrol and there’s been break-ins.

You’ve made progress and I wish you continued success. There’s no way I’m walking 3 miles a day because that would take probably more than 1 1/2 hrs when I could be playing Resident Evil HD Remake.

2 Likes

it does take a bit of time, 52 minutes total. I actually run 1 mile, but I do 3 miles a day, and take the weekends off.

I have a lot of free time.

2 Likes

In high school I could run a mile in 6-8 minutes. But now I’m too lazy and happy to lie down with the fan on me. I could run or jog on the treadmill, but I don’t like the way it makes noise and I need to be wearing my running shoes instead of my white, cheap pool sandals. Actually, I’m just lazy and don’t want to sweat.

2 Likes

That’s great! I go for 45 minutes on a treadmill in my apartment complex once a week. It adds up to almost four miles. I haven’t gotten up to doing more than that but always feels good when I do.

1 Like

The country would be my favorite place to walk. Food for the soul -

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.