Waking up everyday

Am I the only one who hates waking to reality everyday? I’m really doing well. I’ve even gone back to work. But I still wake dreading every day. Is it possible to wake and look forward to the day?

1 Like

children do - every day all the time - and it’s like - dude, it’s 6 a.m. - how can u possibly love life already

3 Likes

It sounds like some morning panic.

I don’t think I dread it, but I do wake up surprised.

I’m surprised when I wake up in the proximity of where I went to bed.(still in the apartment) I’m surprised that I didn’t die in my sleep. I’m surprised the house didn’t catch fire. I’m surprised I still remember who I am and I have the ability to even get up.

After I get over the surprise of everything I don’t really think of dread. I tend to think stupid things in the morning.

1 Like

I take nearly an hour to get out of bed, and I am in remission. Once I get going, I feel better.

i wake up generally feeling ok. the voices start as soon as i’m conscious but i don’t let it get to me. difficult i know, but i’ve done the depressed thing, crying everyday, dreading what i hear next but not anymore. i’ve done it 3 times now and i know i can do it again if needs be. i’ll try whatever medication is on the market, not that i think it will make a blind bit of difference but i have to b here for my kids so suicide is just not an option. so i choose to fight every day i wake up and i will carry on fighting till my last breath. it’s not easy but it’s all i know how to do. i’ve finished rolling over and just laying there taking it. i want more out of this life and i’m going to get it, whatever the consequences. i don’t deserve to b bullied, harrassed, tortured or raped anymore and neither does my family. it’s time to fight back.

1 Like

No, there is no way to look forward to it.

The only way to true happiness on earth is ignorance or sociopathy.

Ffffft…It’s1:23PM and I’m still in bed. No desire to get out except to get my 2 cups of coffee.
Unless my mom has a Dr’s appointment, my day don’t usually start before 4PM.

I hate forgetting my dreams when I wake up. I usually jump right out of bed, get dressed and run downstairs to confront a day with something in it or nothing in it. Today I was depressed but I kept telling myself move the muscles and the mind will follow, which it eventually did.

that’s good advice martin. i always feel better if i’ve achieved something during the day. however small. xxxx

I dont get out of bed until my kid sis yells at me to get up now. being on risperdal makes me so much like a zombie that I had to switch to Fanapt.

Totally get hTing to forget my dreams. Hate too many meds on board too. But honestly it’s as if I dread being conscious. Even though things are going well I still hate facing the day

I experience this. Right when I wake up reality hits and I get down.

I wake up to this nasty feeling of mild panic - it takes about an hour of Batman-like brooding to dissolve into more tolerable feeling of generalized shittiness. I am taking Buspar for anxiety but feel like I am ready to try something more serious. Except for I am super afraid of antipsychotics because everybody is like - they kill ur creativity - and I’m like - oh, no, not my creativity…

That’s it exactly Jake. I wake up and reality hits.

I get up and take my morning meds + go back to bed until they kick in. Mostly effexor. I feel calm when it kicks in. It does take a long time to phase in to the world outside of my head.

1 Like