Vraylar New Drug Review

Thanks for the update…@Brea99

2 Likes

Day 6 was OK. I woke up at 6:00 (Today was my official weigh in day). I lost 1 pound since last week, so this shows I can still lose weight with this medicine. Not the fastest but I’m happy I’m not ravenously hungry where I overeat. I also do want to disclose I ate out 3 days this week (Monday Zaxbys- Chicken fingers and fries, Wed Turkey burger and chips, and Fri 3 smoked wings from Smokey Bones) and I was sick so this may have something to do with the slow weight loss as well. I feel better so I’m back to eating at home and cooking. I went to bed about 1230 and woke up at 3 because I heard something outside like a car driving off fast. I was a little paranoid that someone stole my car so I checked outside and it was still there. I wanted to mention this because I don’t know if it has something to do with the medicine or not but I’m going to watch it. I did go back to sleep but it was weird. I did just wash my car and it looked hella good so that may have been why I thought that, lol. I’m going to still watch it though.On the voices and seeing things, I am aware the voices are there but I haven’t heard them speak today. I saw some hallucinations today but I think that had to do with me not eating enough carbs and working out because when I did eat carbs after I went to the gym it was better. Compared to the Seroquel and Saphris (Saphris took a while) the voices were Almost non existent, it was like I would forget they were there. This hasn’t happened yet with this medicine but its only day 6 and the voices are alot better.

6 Likes

Day 7-- It was ok honestly I think I need a higher dose. I have a pdoc appointment next week to follow up and I’m going to tell her some of the things that have been going on. I didn’t journal yesterday and my memory is horrible so the thing I remember is that I was a little paranoid. Day 8 which is today is not that good. My sister, daughter, and I had steamed crab and I poured some of it on the table trying to get the last claws out. My daughter asked me if I was ok. I feel as though some of my thinking hasn’t been the best. The voices are less but I don’t like making mistakes like this. Any input is appreciated because I don’t know. I have an appointment with my therapist thursday and I’m going to talk to her about whats been going on. I’ll continue to update, have a great night.
Oh yes, some good news,I did lose another 2 pounds!!

4 Likes

Good for you to try the new drug Vrylar. Good too that you are taking notes. Important for seeing your pdoc. She needs to know what is going on. We always get our hopes up when trying a new drug. It usually looks good the first week or so then everything tails off and we are back to normal. You’ll have to trust your pdoc to regulate the dosage and the times you take the drug.

4 Likes

Thanks @Brea99 . I wouldn’t worry about the lobster thing, that’s just a small accident.

2 Likes

You may be right. Thank you maybe I am being to hard on myself.

3 Likes

Day 9-- Felt ok a little like in a fog, but as the day progressed I felt better. I still did exercise and go to the gym so I feel as though maybe I just was having a bad day.
Day 10–Felt really good on yesterday. I had energy woke up early and slept ok. I kind of tossed and turned but did finally get some sleep. I didn’t go to the gym. I did my own version of dancing in the house to get my 5000 steps I shoot for.
Day 11 I was supposed to speak with my therapist today but she had me scheduled at another time so I’m rescheduled for tomorrow. I felt really good again today. Today was a rest day so no gym. I accomplished a lot. I have noticed my weight loss is slowing down. I have been the same weight for 3 days and I have been eating well. I don’t know but I’m going to watch it. I have been losing like 3 to 4 pounds a week ( I have a lot to lose due to these MEDICINES) and now its like 1 pound a week since I started. I weigh in tomorrow so Ill let you know if its still the 1 pound for the 2nd week I’ve been on Vraylar. I have noticed just a small amount of tardive dyskinesia but not a significant amount. I haven’t had those symptoms of involuntary mouth movement since I was on saphris. It happened today. I have also noticed I have more of my old personality before I was diagnosed and before I was taking these antipsychotics. I kind of became reclusive and quiet after I started taking them. I still have hope for this drug. Ok, and with the voices I kind of don’t notice them most of the time. It seems like at night I notice them a little more. I would say after 11 days the voices have been reduced by about 50%. The hallucinations I would say have been reduced by 60%.I’m going to write until my pdoc appointment next week thursday. Have a good night.

2 Likes

I have noticed just a small amount of tardive dyskinesia but not a significant amount.

That could be a deal breaker. Make sure you tell your psychiatrist about that, as it can be quite serious.

3 Likes

I will thank you. I was lucky before because it went away but sometimes it doesn’t so I will watch it.

2 Likes

I do want to apologize for not updating but I got busy with family. I do want to give an update up until today which has been about almost 1 month. I feel great. I sleep well (except for getting up to use the restroom… I drink alot of water, lol), I feel normal, the involumtary facial movement didn’t come back. I believe I have found my drug for my sza after 5 years. I did go to my pdoc Thursday and she was very happy I finally found something I could tolerate that didn’t make me gain weight. I am continuing to lose ( not at a fast pace but still losing like 1 pound a week). I don’t know if my insurances will cover it but she did give me a card that makes it 15.00 a month (which is good not great but we’ll see she gave me tons of samples. I put in my prescription and I know they needed a prior authorization so I guess i’ll update on that too because cost is soooo important. She did give me some hope because she said it was covered through patient assistance PAP ( I go to my Mental Health Clinic) which would make it free depending on my income. I was covered for Saphris before and Seroquel so I’m hoping if it comes to that Ill be good. The most important thing is my voices are almost non existent again like with seroquel ( it didn’t work as fast as Seroquel but it did about after 2 weeks). My hallucinations are better too. You women and guys have a great sunday and i’ll let you know about the prior auth situation ( I have a crappy main insurance and Medicaid). :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks very much for the update. That’s great news. @Wave might be interested in this.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you @Brea99 for the update, this is good news and @everhopeful for the heads up.

I may consider trying Vraylar, especially after the positive updates from Brea99.

My doctor wants me to give it a try.

2 Likes

Good luck with this @Wave. I remember your search for a new drug a while back and I’m glad new opportunities are opening up for you.

3 Likes

@Wave
plz update on negative symptoms…
once u get in to it…
thanks…

2 Likes

Your welcome @Wave. I was just trying to help someone on their search for something better (or different depending on the person). I didn’t like feeling doped up, 300 pounds,and sleeping all day, and that what it seems like these other medicines did. I knew one day if I kept trying something new would come out that I could tolerate because we have to take these drugs to be functional. I’m glad I found something. I hope it works for you too. I did see there was another review for it on drugs.com to look at another opinion . I don’t know if you read it but doctors do have samples so you can try it just to see if it does work for you. If you do try it please let us know how it goes.

4 Likes

Has anyone else tried vraylar? And does it really work on negative symptoms? Thanks. :wink:

1 Like

I’m glad you are able to sleep well on this. That is one of my problems.
Thanks for the updates and I hope insurance covers it for you.

1 Like

Hi @Brea99! Thanks for you review. I want ask you, what about your thinking? I have read vraylar impair thinking. Have you had alogia? I have this symptom, and it is i suffer most

1 Like

Sometimes I do have it but I had that before I started taking Vraylar. I haven’t noticed it getting work but if I do Ill let you guys know.

3 Likes

I’m sorry about not getting back with you guys about cost. I have a crappy Primary insurance that begins with a C and they had it way up there like 100 + dollars but Medicaid paid for it after a prior authorization. I didn’t pay anything!!! I hope this helps. I do want to give a small update. My sleeping has not been the best lately. I wake up every couple of hours. In the beginning when I first started taking it it was great. Now I have to take my klonopin (clonzepam) along with it to sleep through the night. I haven’t noticed any other side effects since I updated last.

2 Likes