Voices attacking my appearance

I keep hearing them talking,

Specifically about the way I look.

More than the usual comments about my weight.

Things like

“She’s aging terribly”

“You’re eye makeup makes you look old”

“Why do you look so tired?”

The thing is,

I have pretty high self esteem and think I’m pretty cute.

I don’t know why all of a sudden my looks have become a hot topic.

My birthday is in a couple days and I’ll be 35,

Maybe it’s that.

I’m not sure, but it’s hard to hear all the time,

It’s really getting me down.

Anyone with similar experiences?

2 Likes

35 is young
Don’t listen to negative voices

1 Like

Thanks,

I don’t feel old.

It’s just they keep constantly saying I look bad or tired or old.

Usually I can ignore the voices but these seem to be really upsetting me.

1 Like

My looks are the main thing my voices have been bullying me about for the past nine years, and I don’t have a problem with the way I look. It really upsets me too.

1 Like

My voice used to want me to ‘shape up’ all the time and try and get with me. I didn’t want to get with him but apparently I was his soul mate according to an energy map he owns of the universe. It was very stressful. Cos I could feel his mind and I could feel his disgust wen I looked in the mirror sometimes, just cos he was in my head. Also he had the power to send me to hell if we didn’t connect so it was very distressing trying to make myself feel pretty so that I’m not awkward around him.

1 Like

My voices usually call me ugly or a fat turd.
I know I’m not pretty, I don’t need them reminding me

1 Like

I hate that we’re all suffering with this,

But I’m happy to know I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Iv aged since getting sz and all the shat that goes along with it. My skin has aged a lot as well on my face. I’m really worried about it. It’s because I drink tea to comfort myself during the sz and all the caffeine has aged me. But I would take that because I now know the voices were not real

2 Likes

all the stress of this disease is ageing me @anon47167357, I need to find a way to chill more. I think weight loss will help me

3 Likes

I think it inevitably ages you because we turn to vices to get through. But it’s psychosis, the worst mental illness there is so I give myself props for going through such a trauma. Better than being baby faced with no life experience :grin:. @Pikasaur your an exception, you go through a lot of psychosis and still look baby faced, fair play to you.

3 Likes

I thought broadcast people to not look at me which isn’t fair to expect people to go blind because of my looks.

1 Like

Yup, I get that, voices pick on me a lot. Fat, ugly, no one will ever find you attractive, hideous.

In my lack of insight I truly believe them. And it hurts. Left me with a twisted outlook on myself physically.

Sorry to everyone who’s suffering, you’re not alone.

2 Likes

I experience this a lot. It’s one of my biggest motivators to lose weight. But I let the voices have too much power. It’s really not healthy.

I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this.

1 Like

My voices call me a hippo, elephant. Mainly about my weight and I hate it. It’s been awhile since I’ve heard it but I hate it when it happens.

2 Likes

I think the worse my voices have ever told me is that I look old.

Mine usually attack my sexuality. Like if I’m thinking homoerotic thoughts or fantasies, they’ll say “gross.”

It’s super irritating.

I’m so sorry that these dumb voices are getting you down, Rex.

But you know you’re a fox, so don’t forget that!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, @Montezuma.

It’s just irritating, like you said.

Maybe because I’m close to my shot time my symptoms got worse,

Could also be my period.

Thanks for the support!

2 Likes

I’m sorry y’all have this going on with y’all it’s gotta suck… I know I have low self-esteem but don’t have the voices telling me how ugly I am so I guess I’m lucky

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.